Friday, November 19, 2010

Review of Reckless by Cornelia Funke.

Reckless is set in a place known as the Mirror World, it begins with Will Reckless following his older brother and the person he has always looked up to, Jacob, through an old, dusty, mirror in there fathers old study.
There a curse is set in place, a curse that starts turning Will into stone, the worst type of stone...
From  here on Jacob, Fox and Clara, along with multiple other amazing characters are bought into the tale which is weaved beautifully and makes you feel like you are in it, are on a quest to save Will, before it's too late.

I have been a Funke fan for a long time and when I started reading Reckless I was instantly swept away, it is such a magical book and the beginning of chapter illustrations and the chapter names themselves all add to the story!
I just adored this book and I can't wait for the sequel! Hopefully it comes out soon!



More books by Cornelia are:
The Inkworld trilogy.
Dragon Rider.
Igraine the Brave.

Thanks for looking,
Romi.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x