Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson review...




What I thought:
Well, I did find it quite a scary book in parts, unusually scary, especially as it is publicised as this amazingly awesome book and little boys in years gone by were all totally (almost spelt totoro...mmm) obsessed with it.. but I suppose, they wanted adventure, action and that jazz as we jazz folk say.
I liked it, yes, it's an amazing story, imaging writing something that became a classic... gosh, that would be a dream come true to so many writers these days... can you imagine writing a novel, either never publishing it or it not doing fantastically when you're alive, then it becomes this massive phenomenon after your death.... imagine that.
Tragic, but it makes me smile for some reason.
Books and writing do that to me.
I liked it, but it was a surprise.

Keep Reading and Writing... and reviewing your work!

Romi.x

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read Treasure Island in years, but it's sitting on our shelves, so I may have to give it another go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you wrote this review! I'm about to read that book in school but after reading this I guess I'm looking forward to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Treasure island is a pretty cool book. I read it in bed one day when I was ill. I love the writings Robert Louis Stevenson. When I was about six I used to learn his children's poems off by heart for school work. Haha, I even remember some of them still.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! SQUEEEEE. E. E.


I reply to all comments, in case you were wondering.
Also, I've been putting Word Verification on and off and it's currently on because I turned it off on a friday and had seven spam comments on a Monday which is not good.