Saturday, May 7, 2011

Winneropisops announced! (Wow, I adore that!)

My Chasing Odysseus Competition is officially finished! YAY! I can post again!

The two very lucky (and you are, it's an amazing book!) winners are...

Imogen~ from Dancing With Dragonflys

Congratulations Imogen, I'll contact you!




And...


>Areille from Bloggy Balog

Well done Areille, I'll get in touch right away!




Well done both of you, I hope you adore your prizes and I can't wait to read your reviews of Chasing Odysseus- both books are signed, by the way! YAY!


Now, Areille's Entry, for you all to read!




Why do you like books?
I love books for many reasons. Many.
Books could go on for days but it's past my bedtime so I'll just say a few things.. 
They are wisdom, learning, knowledge.
They're words which someone put together for a purpose. They have meaning.
Stories. Need I say more?
Yes actually. Stories are like an escape. It's healthy (I believe) to escape from the real world on a regular basis. This world is too cruel and stories that I read inspire me and give me hope. 
They also make you more intelligent! 


What do books mean in your life, and a brief Description...
My life would be more bleak without books in it, it would have been more difficult to learn in school, and my bedroom would have no need for the bookshelves i have in it, which means I would have just a bed a chair and a desk in my room. pretty pathetic.


Why Do you want to read Chasing Odysseus?
Oh my gosh. this book sounds amazing. Totally into the whole greek mythology thing. So cool. 




A wonderful entry, thanks for entering! And now Imogen's!



Why do you like books?
I like books and reading books because when I read, I disappear into another world. I become friends with the characters, and want to come back and meet them all the time. I like books because I know that they'll always be there for me. A well illed bookshelf is one of my greatest delights. And all our bookshelves (of which we have many) are stuffed to overflowing. I also like books because reading them makes my imagination work harder and gives me ideas for writing.

What do books mean to you in your life?
Books are so important to me. I've been devouring books ever since I was about five (which was a soon as I learnt to read.) We have so many books in our house it's not funny. I can't imagine life without books. It would be rather like life without the sun. Or breakfast cereal. Or chocolate. I love books so much I've stayed up past midnight to finish one quite often. Oh yeah, and I'm te girl who borrows twenty books from the library at a time.

Why do you want to read 'Chasing Odysseus'?
I want to read this book because I love the old greek stories and I love modern rewrites. To find a book about the greeks in the library is to find a book that I know I'm going to read and love.

A brief description of what my life would be like without books.
Let's put it this way. I'd get up in the morning and the sky would be grey. Rather like in the Wizard of Oz. I'd get ready for the day. Then I'd sit on the floor, staring at the space where our bookshe;ves should be. My brain would be like wet, shredded cardboard. Books are the colour and entertainment of my life. I have never known a time when I have been without books. I think, after a few days without books, I go mad and spend my day banging my head agains a brick wall.


Well done Imogen!


I'll post more soon;
Love,
Romi.xxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Sorry this is irrelevant to the post, but I finished Treasure Island! I didn't have to finish it until next week, but I loved it! I just thought I'd let you know:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry I haven't emailed you yet. I've just been so busy. I'll shoot you a quick one soon. Don't give my book to someone else!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x