Sunday, June 12, 2011

Alaska by Sue Saliba review...


What I thought:
After I first saw and heard of Alaska, I couldn't wait to read it... it seemed to be such a different book, so beautiful and intreguing... and I wasn't let down, but lifted up- it wa very different from the brief description's I'd read, there is so much more to it and I loved it!
The cover, is just amazing! I love how if you tilt it the fox on the back dissapears and you only see the dark eyes....
I adored how Sue brought across the Conservation side of the story and it made it a truly amazing read.. not that it wasn't already!
I really loved Alaska, I recommend it and can't wait to hear if you read it!
Just two things though, I expected it would start with Mia living in Melbourne, but she was actually in Alaska when it started, which really surprised me!
And I wondered at the way Mia looked at love, she became very close with Ethan before knowing that she really loved him, loved him at all... and that's not how I think of love... I personally thought she would have known...

Alaska is a must read, and it's very interesting that in the story, there were no capital words, which I normally wouldn't have liked at all (because I love words) but in Alaska it seemed fine... it seemed easy.

Thank you to Penguin Books Australia for this review copy!

1 comment:

  1. love the review romi :)

    and the picture of you with it :)

    and i agree the love story seemed more sudden than in real life O.o

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x