Friday, June 24, 2011

Guess what kind of Q&A I did? And with who?

Hello,
I did a Q&A with Nomes from the awesome book reviewing blog Inkcrush because she is very inspiring and interesting and I really wanted to- so I hope you enjoy and thank you so very much Nomes!



Why did you start blogging?
I started inkcrush in May last year ~ it began as a blog about writing and reading YA but I soon found I was too shy to talk much about my writing and now I focus on books I read and all the goodness in the Aussie YA scene.

*What is your all time favourite book?
That's really hard Romi (!) I have different favourites depending on my mood but my favourite author is Jaclyn Moriarty (crazy-in-love with her) and my fave book, well, I think it's probably On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. 

*Is inkcrush your first and only blog?
I had a personal blog which I ran for 2006 and 2007. And an art blog which I used to put up pictures of my artwork on. (I don't do either of these any more)


*What is your favourite thing about being able to be a blogger?
There's a few things that are highlights: making friends who are passionate about the same things as me, having a voice about YA books that I think are brilliant and lastly (surprisingly!) is the fact that a few authors have read my posts (!) and emailed me and that still blows me away.

*What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading THE THIEF by Megan Whalen Turner. I have heard the absolute vest things about it.

*Anything you don't like about being a blogger/book reviewer?
I wish I had more time to comment on other peoples blogs, sometimes I get stressed about trying to keep up with everyone's blogs. Sometimes I find it hard to review books that are good but didn't particularly do anything for me personally. I don't ever want reading to become a chore or for the purpose of my blog: I try hard not to fall into being critical and to just enjoy books. 

*How did your blog become so big? What did you do- or did it just happen?
LOL. I don't know? It constantly surprises me that a lot of people read my blog (and care about my opinion!). I don't know how I became big (not that I am huge or anything, haha). I know I have never worried about gaining followers. I don't follow trends in the blogosphere and I don't do memes ~ I just write what I am passionate about and completely be me :)


*Have you ever met any of the authors whose book you've reviewed?
YES (!) I met Steven Herrick (Aussie YA author) in April this year. I did not tell him I reviewed one of his books though :) He is amazing and I have loved his work for a long, long time. I felt a little starstruck when I saw him but I am very outgoing and felt completely relaxed even while being in awe. 


*Reading and reviewing so many books- does it make you want to become an author?
Definitely. I think it's an awesome privelege to write something and have people read it and be so impacted by it.

*Describe inkcrush in five words... ( :


Thank you Nomes!
And also thank you Sue Saliba and Penguin for supplying my review copy of Alaska.

Romi.x

2 comments:

  1. thanks so much for having me romi

    i find your blog very inspiring and full of life as well :)

    x Nomes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! Off to go check out your blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x