Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Apothecary by Maile Meloy review...


Thank you to Text Publishing for sending me this review copy!


What I thought:
At first, I didn't wholly like this- I couldn't really work out Janie and didn't like the first little bit where she was in America... but as soon as she started school, met the apothecary, met Benjamin and her life started changing, I was captured.
It took a little bit, but as soon as I was in, I couldn't ever go back out.
The storyline was grasping and thrilling, the characters, well I was in love with them, I felt for Janie and was shocked by something at the end... but then settled into happiness.
And I know from experiance that I kiss scene is quite hard to write, for any characters, but Maile did a fantastic job of making it natural and right.
I've not found that very much, and it was exuberently wonderful!
Read it, review it, and make sure you don't miss it.

It's hard to get a better book that combines all these super things- this one did it all so well and I can't wait to meet these wonderful people again, soon!

1 comment:

  1. The kiss scene was kind of amusing. I laughed a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x