Monday, August 15, 2011

Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic review...



Thank you to the lovely author for sending me this proof of NE to review- and some extras! 


What I thought:
I loved the idea, the storyline and the thought of this novel, I enjoyed reading it and I linked with the characters, especially Kaylee, but there was a lot of swearing and themes that I don't usually read nor enjoy, and a lot more of each in this book then I'd ever read before.
But so even though I enjoyed the story and loved what it was about- I found that the swear words that were used overshadowed the story and the thought behind it- though if there were less, I'd have enjoyed it a lot more.
It was a very sad story theme, one of the hardest things to write and read about, coping with death, and the fact that it was about cancer, an unstoppable thing and powerfully sad... it was very well written and I can't imagine writing about those things myself.
It was a powerful thing.

Romi.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. This book sounds amazing. I'd love to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x