Friday, September 23, 2011

The Blue Ribbon Cookbook by Liz Harfull review... (Day 1 of Five in Cookers Days)



What I thought:
I really enjoyed this cookbook, and though, as I've stated above, I wouldn't find myself cooking for a show or anything of the kind, I was intreigued by the recipes and ideas in it- I found some of the judges comments a bit funny (saying things like "Make sure the lables are straight" and slightly over the top particular things like that... including mentions of warnings against re-spreading your quince jelly ect.) but for anyone who wants the kind of yummy food that you can see winning show prizes, this is the perfect book! And I was most impressed to see a few male entrants, especially the orange cake maker.
This will be very useful!

Lots of Love and more in the cooking days tomorrow.



Thank you immensely to Wakefield Press for this review copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x