Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Marion by Marion Grasby review... (a cookbook!)



What I thought:
I wasn't capured by the recipes overall, but that's totally alrigjt, because of this- the story was brillant! I love the sort of cookbook that has a story behind it, I've only recently come into contact with cookbooks that do have that, and that's always thrilling and brilliant! I loved reading of Marion's growing up and what she did with her cooking, and the photography, wow! Some of those pictures are just truly awesomely overwhelmingly teriffical! I'd buy them and frame them! Yes I would! And it smelt so noce, so so nice- I love nice smelling books!
So though the sound of "Deep Fried eggs with Smoked Eel Mash" and "Piggy Patties with Wasabi Mayonnaise and Apple Salad" don't exactly say "Romi, eeeat me", they in fact make me feel a tad queasy (Vegetarian to the core!) it doesn't mean that I in any way didn't love this book, I adored it! It is a fairly meat based cookbook, but you can always alternate meat for something vegetarian, can't you? I adored it!


Thank you to Macmillan for this review copy!

1 comment:

  1. I love cookbooks, they're great fun!
    Both to read the stories and to actually cook the things.
    I think you would like the one called "Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights".
    It has some great recipes and it is really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x