Thursday, November 24, 2011

Matched by Ally Condie review...

Title- Matched.
Author- Ally Condie.
Publish Date- 2011.
Publisher- Penguin.

Now for the review...



What I thought-
Matched was my first YA dystopian novel and I was mesmirised by the cover, the blurb and the story that followed both.
The forign societu is enough to make one's skin crawl, dictating everything, not letting choices be made by anyone but themselves.
I hate them, for all those reasons and more, but mainly for what they do, that and the fact that I would go very mad if I was constantly being told what to do, living under someone elses rule; I hate dictation, the awful art of being told what to do, so Matched affected me, stuck with me.
Alison Condie's writing is a favourite with me now, so rythamic is it that you could think of the book as a poem, like the ones Cassia loves to read, the whole novel is beautiful and powerful; it's like the author knows exactly what she is doing, weaving a spell on the reader and precicesly what will happen and why it will.
That, I feel, is very good writing.

Romi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x