Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Booklist mini reviews...

Today I'll be mini reviewing...

Sense and sensibility.
Beautiful Darkness.
A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Sense and Sensibility-
By- Jane Austen.
Read status- Didn't read.
Like Status- Didn't like so I didn't bother continuing.
Synopsis in a few words- The story of a family with two young daughters, one who is practicle and one who is a hopeless romantic, who fall in love and believe in their love at times, and not at others.
Feelings on the book in a few words- I stopped reading it early on because of the writing and storyline; I've always thought I'd adore Sense and Sensibility because I loved the film, but it was really confusing and the plot twisted vastly to and fro; though I'm going to try it again next year.


Beautiful Darkness-
By- Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Read status- Didn't read
Like Status- I didn't like it for some reason, surprisingly as I loved book one, so I decided not to read it.
Synopsis in a few words- The continued story of Ethan and Lena, a human and a magical.
Feelings on the book in a few words- I didn't connect with book two, for some reason, but I am going to re-read it this year hopefully, though out of my booklist; I found, from what I read, that it was too typical and getting a bit over the top, loosing what I found made it a really great story in book one... but we'll see if I like it now.


A Midsummer Night's Dream-
By- William Shakespeare.
Read status- Didn't read.
Like Status- I didn't like it so I didn't finish reading it.
Feelings on the book in a few words- I found it way too mixed up; I didn't really have a problem understanding the wording in Romeo and Juliet, but in this I just found myself asking "What?", which isn't something I want to be asking in the middle of a story.
I kept loosing my concentration and decided it wasn't for me. 

Romi.x

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I'd like to read a midsummer night's dream.
    I read Twelfth Night recently - it was pretty funny! some parts go straight over my head but the main storyline was pretty easy to follow and pretty funny to read :)
    I haven't read romeo and juliet though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x