Saturday, December 10, 2011

Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick review...

Synopsis:
This is the incredible, and quite possible life changing, story of a girl called Rose and a boy called Ben.
The two live 50 years apart, yet their stories are destined to intertwine.


What I thought:
I was beyond thrilled when I heard about Wonderstruck, the new book from the author of Hugo Caberet and I went and pre-ordered my own copy from the UK book depositry. Free postage rocks my socks, by the way.
And after it arrived, I paused for 2 days the book I was currently reading and devoured ever picture, every page of Wonderstruck- Rose and Ben's stories captured me and I loved the fact that Ben's was told wholly in word and Rose's only in Brian Selznick's classic and amazing picture- It's quite a feat, a 630 page book finished in less than 2 days.
And I'm already almost ready to read it again- it is truly a more than amazing book, truly a feat of magic.

This is a true book review week, so come back each day for something new! Oh, and I've got 49 followers! I can't believe it! Thank you so much everyone!

Romi.x

Note- some of the things in this post may be a tad outdated; like me saying I just got it and the bit about the Grimm... I wrote this about three months ago.nice.

4 comments:

  1. i really want to read this! i LOVED hugo caberet and cannot wait to read wonderstruck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is so good! I read it too. Great blog, by the way! :)

    Ben is actually wholly deaf - although at the beginning he is only deaf in one ear.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous-
    Thank you! I agree- I adored this book, and Hugo Caberet too! They were amazing!

    I know, but was keeping it a surprise! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great. I can't wait to read this book. I need to read Hugo first though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x