Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Language of Flowers a Miscellany- by Mandy Kirkby review...

Title- The Language of Flowers a Miscellany.
Author- Mandy Kirkby.
Publish Date- November 2011.
Publisher- Macmillan.

Now for the review...

What I thought:
I found I wasn't fond of the Language of Flowers novel, but I was very interested in the language the flowers held, and loved the dictionary in the back about all the flowers and their meanings, so I pounced with joy when I saw this- a companion featuring heaps of different flowers, pictures and latin names included!
Delving into the pages you'll find the perfect flower to give to someone you miss, the right one to give if you need to say sorry and in the back there are suggestions on bunches you can give at birthdays, weddings and lots of other occasions!
I adore this little dictionary, it is definitely a winner with me!


Thank you to Macmillan for this review copy!

1 comment:

  1. i've flipped through this in the dymocks i work in, and i liked the look of it.
    i loved how flowers were used to comunicate as well, i think it's really clever :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x