Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin review...

Title- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.
Author- Michelle Hodkin.
Publish Date- Febuary 2012. (Australia)
Publisher- Simon and Schuster.

Now for the review...

What I thought:
I had been absolutely desperate to get my hands on a copy of this for months, and didn't expect my review copy until March, so when it came very unexpectedly in the post last week I basically was over the moon. I squealed, just a little. Resulting in some strange looks from my mother and sister. (I don't think I've ever squealed.)
And so I started reading.
I was so captured by the story that I couldn't get to sleep for ages the day before I finished it, I was so in love with the story!
It wasn't quite what I expected, but so so so amazing; the downside for me was the swearing, which I thought was a little too constant, but not overly, because I don't like swearing in books, or in life, but that is a very tiny thing compared to my overwhelming love for this book.
It is amazing! It is swoonable! It is definitely a top for 2012!

I think I'd give it 19 stars out of five.
Romi.x


Thank you to Simon and Schuster for this review copy!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, Romi! So happy you liked it! I really enjoyed this book, too. :)

    Sam @ Realm of Ficton

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a multi-layered mystery, with no end to the paranormal-esque experiences in which Mara finds herself in. She and her family were genuinely interesting and refreshing, and the side story of her family hovered in the background, keeping me wondering when, or if, it would pounce out. With every chapter ending in a mini-cliffhanger, it hooked me in and was hard to put down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO happy to hear you loved this, Romi! Michele Hodkin absolutely blew me away. With the mind-bending, edge-of-your-seat plot and... NOAH FREAKING SHAW! *fans self* Um. Where can we buy one of those sexy boys? :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x