Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson review...

Title- Hunting Lila.
Author- Sarah Alderson.
Publish Date- September 2011.
Publisher- Simon and Schuster.
RRP- $16.99

Now for my review...


What I thought:
My favourite thing about Hunting Lila was probably the cover- I really like it for all it holds, all the questions it asks the eventual reader- that's the main reason I wanted to read this book, I think, that and the fact that I was most intrigued in it's blurb.
I was, sadly, disappointed. Hunting Lila didn't hold anything fantastic for me and even though it had a slight cliffhanger ending, I don't think I'll read book 2 in the series when it comes out.
The whole thing was workable, and is workable for a lot of people, but for me it was too unbelieveable- the questions wether the 'bad' people with the dangerous powers like Lila's were plotting to take over the world with nuclear weapons and the romance Lila was envisaging for herself with Alex, the toned and muscle galore man of her dreams who Lila was sure would "obviously" never notice her, especially not with the competition of his boss, Rachel- it was all a little over the top and I found myself forseeing what would happen.
Overall, this will be a thrilling read for a lot of people- paranormal/romance/modern day lovers, it will be a sure winner, but for me, it just didn't hit the right notes.


Thank you to Simon and Schuster for this review copy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I have this on my Touchpad, I just haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It didn't hit the right notes for me either. I was lukewarm towards Fated by the same author but everyone gushed over this book so I thought it would be great for sure! Lila thought about Alex A LOT, it was a bulk of the book! I get that she loves him but wow, it went on in practically every other page. Like you said, it was also fairly typical. It was enjoyable but not that exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x