Monday, February 20, 2012

Shattered by Robin Wasserman review...

Title- Shattered.
Author- Robin Wasserman.
Publish Date-2011.
Publisher- Simon and Schuster.

Now for the Review...


What I thought:
I realised, when Shattered was the only book I had packed for a weekend away from home, that it is in fact book 2 in a trilogy. Oh bad move Romi, bad move.
I read it nonetheless, hoping that book one didn't hold too many important clues to what was happening, hoping I would be able to make sense of everything happening and was duly amazed. There were one or two mentions to an event that occured in book one, and of course that was when Lia had her accident, but from the links back there werre explainations and I'm not yet sure if I would have liked to start with book one, as Lia sounds like... well, not the nicest character in that book.
It was a really interesting way to start this series and I'm most glad I made the mistake and requested book 2, because I loved it!
It was slow for the first 100 pages or so, but being a Dystiopian, and the fact that it was my only reading material whilst away, I was byast and pushed through.
Wow. It was terrific! A really amazing, and scary, world of Mechanical beings and human's starting to be at war with each other, it really was a most interesting, and drawing in, read! Definitely grab a copy and, if you like, grab book 2 before book one! I'd love to see if you liked reading it this way too!


Thank you to Simon and Schuster for this review copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x