Friday, March 23, 2012

The Alchemy of Forever... A Review.

Title- The Alchemy of Forever.
Author- Avery Williams.
Publish Date- March 2012.
Publisher- Simon and Schuster.
RRP. $16.99

Review Time!

What I thought:
I was immediately swept up into this book, it definitely wasn't what I expected and I was pleasently surprised by the captivating story. I loved the character Sera and hated Cyrus and the coven, but for Charlotte, and reading, from Sera's point of view, about her entering this new world, a place with people who care for the person who's life she's taken, learning about the girl who's life she's now living... it was like I was living through the book. I could see the things happening and really connected to the character of Sera. Noah was a fantastic co-character and I can't say more then that I loved watching Sera fall in love with both this new life and Noah himself.
For all this the book was, for me, sadly distroyed with the final page. From my point of view, I wish I'd ripped that last page out. It completely ruined the story for me and I know I would have loved it if not for that last page. I really liked it but for that, but once you know the whole story, it's hard to like all but the end. I was also left questioning two of the character names- for some reason this book reminded me of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer from the very beginning, and the character Sera falls in love with is called Noah, like the character Mara Dyer falls for. Then, another character comes in calling himself Mr. Shaw... for readers of Mara Dyer- Noah + Shaw = the love interest in Mara Dyer... which is strange.
I'd give it a 2.5 out of five.

Thank you to Simon and Schuster for this review copy!

2 comments:

  1. You entice me to read the book with the first 3/4 of your review - almost wanting to run out and pick it up.
    And then the door slams - and you let me know that the ending is frustrating. I hate bad endings. Your comparison is very astute as well.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting and letting me know your thoughts! Your comment means a lot to me and I hope you'll try reading this, just beware the ending. You could even finish reading a few pages from the end! ( :
      Romi.x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! SQUEEEEE. E. E.


I reply to all comments, in case you were wondering.
Also, I've been putting Word Verification on and off and it's currently on because I turned it off on a friday and had seven spam comments on a Monday which is not good.