Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Divergent by Veronica Roth review...

Title- Divergent.
Author- Veronica Roth.
Publish Date- 2011.
Publisher- Harper Collins.

Now for my review...

Synopsis:
(I'm using the online Synopsis because I can't put it into words myself...)


In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue-Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is-she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.
During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles to determine who her friends really are-and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes infuriating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers a growing conflict that threatens to unravel her seemingly perfect society, she also learns that her secret might help her save those she loves... or it might destroy her. (from here..)


Thank you to Tiffany @ Book Cover Justice for buying me this!

What I thought:
I don't think it's a good sign for an indepth review of Divergent if I can't get into words the synopsis!
The Dystopian world that Veronica Roth has created is unlike ANY I have read of before... it is enchanting and disasterous, challenging and scary... and when Beatrice, or Tris as she's later known, choses against her Faction and becomes one of the Dauntless she's welcomed into a whole new world, a world of fighting and staying on top.
The story is pitch perfect and I was swept into it (the beginning took a little while for me to get into, but my mind was full) and became so captivated by the story that I would've read it all at once.
I ADORE ADORE ADORE this book and all the characters- Tris is inspiring beyond belief and I adore the fact that she gets a lot of tattos, something she'd never have done in her old Faction, all ones that mean a lot to her. And Four, he is such a wonderful character! I love love love their relationship and am dying to get my hands on a copy of Insurgent, coming in May 2012.
GET A COPY NOW!
Romixxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! You read it! You loved it! Brodie happy! :D Man, this was freaking INCREDIBLE. Absolutely blew me away. The worldbuilding and atmosphere was just insane and Four/Tris? I FREAKING ADORE. Their relationship felt so real and strong and beautiful. NEED. INSURGENT. NOW!

    Awesome review, Romi :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm so glad you loved it! I just read it in January and it blew me away too. I'm anxious to get my hands on Insurgent because I *NEED* more of Four! Excellent review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just got this today on the insistance of my friend. can't wait to read it now, as you've given it such a good review.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! SQUEEEEE. E. E.


I reply to all comments, in case you were wondering.
Also, I've been putting Word Verification on and off and it's currently on because I turned it off on a friday and had seven spam comments on a Monday which is not good.