Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Weight of Water... A Review.

Title- The Weight of Water.
Author- Sarah Crossan.
Publish Date- February 2012.
Publisher- Bloomsbury.
RRP. $16.99

Now for the review...

Synopsis:
Kasienka is pulled to England with her mother, in search of the father and husband who left them in Poland with hardly a word.
But leaving your whole life behind is hard and Kasienka doesn't even know if she want's to find Tata... because he never really loved her. And she never really loved him. But as the mother and daughter search Coventry, England, for him Kasienka is also let into a world of school, first love and fighting to stay true to herself when she is bullied.
Because staying true to yourself is hardest of all.

Thank you to Bloomsbury for this review copy!

What I thought:
I was most intrigued by The Weight of Water- the cover I adored, the texture of it was really interesting, a light paper that was textured- it's awesome!- and the way it was written, almost like it was a giant poem, was really unusual- I've neve found that in a novel before and it made this a super quick book to read, 2 hours max.
The story of Kasienka was not so to my taste, the way it was portrayed and the way Sarah Crossan went about the different subjects covered- bullying, falling in love, parent problems, desertion ect.- wasn't done in a way that I found easy to relate to or inspiring. It was easy to finish because of the poetry like writing and the fact that it was so quick, but it was really difficult for me to enjoy, because I just didn't like the way things were done.
It would be a really easy read and a great way to cover change and all the other topic's that I mentioned it cover's, but for some I don't believe it will hit the right spot.
I would give it a 2 out of five.

Romi.x

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting! SQUEEEEE. E. E.


I reply to all comments, in case you were wondering.
Also, I've been putting Word Verification on and off and it's currently on because I turned it off on a friday and had seven spam comments on a Monday which is not good.