Monday, April 2, 2012

Storybound by Marissa Burt review...

Title- Storybound.
Author- Marissa Burt.
Publish Date- April 2012.
Publisher- Harper Collins US.

Now for the review...


What I thought:
I was immediately captured by Storybound, the story of a girl who doesn't know where she fits in and finds herself in a world quite unlike the one she grew up in, happier than she has ever been- it has been cited as being a mixture of Inkheart and The Never Ending Story, and though I haven't read (or watched, at least for for 9+ years, which is enough time to make my memory go foggy) the latter, I can definitely agree that it has the same magical and thrilling qualitys of the Inkworld trilogy by Cornelia Funke, though it is only sharing some of the feelings you get as you read it, other then that, this is a book totally of it's own kind and impossibly thrilling.
Una is a most loveable, and at times fiesty, heroine and I connected with her at once- Peter, a hero in training, is a terrific character too, but he didn't speak to me so much as Sam, the brilliant talking cat, did.
The darkness surrounding the land of Story keeps the reader on their toes, wondering what will happen next, and the cliffhanger of an ending has certainly got me ready for book 2!
I loved this book!


Thank you to Marissa Burt and her agent for sending out this ARC!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, this sounds like such a sweet, lovable, and totally awesome book! I love the whole magical feel that this book has that seems to be constant in all other middle grade reads too! :)

    Awesome review, Romi! I'm really glad that you loved this book as much as you did! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! SQUEEEEE. E. E.


I reply to all comments, in case you were wondering.
Also, I've been putting Word Verification on and off and it's currently on because I turned it off on a friday and had seven spam comments on a Monday which is not good.