Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher review...

Title- The Water Wars.
Author- Cameron Stracher.
Publish Date- 2011.
Publisher- Sourcebooks Fire.

(Goodreads)

My Review...



What I thought:
The Water Wars is a really easy book to read- it's got a smooth storyline that is easy to follow, characters who the reader can immediately connect with and a future world that is it all too easy to read about, to believe in and to mention a beautiful cover- isn't it amazing?
I had a few little problems with the story, at times the writing seemed to drift off and change subject entirely and out of the blue, which made it hard, at those times, to keep up for a page or so. I also didn't like Kai quite as much as another character, for me Kai just wasn't enough, didn't have enough substance, where as this other character was wonderfully and funny and caring and I loved him. The last thing I had a problem with is the praise- on the cover it has been alikened to The Hunger Games, and also on the inside similar things have been said twice more, people saying it is akin to THG- The Hunger Games is one of my all time favourite book series and that set a decently high standard automatically and I was constantly looking out for similarartites ect. It really, for me, is nothing at all like THG, it is very much it's own story and unlike others, so I found those reviews saying it was like it a little annoying.

The Water Wars is a very origonal story and if you're looking for a dystopian novel about a future that is scarily easy to recognise the this is the one- it's like no other book and has characters you will love!
3.5 out of 5 stars.

Romi.x


Thank you to Sourcebooks for sending me this review copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! SQUEEEEE. E. E.


I reply to all comments, in case you were wondering.
Also, I've been putting Word Verification on and off and it's currently on because I turned it off on a friday and had seven spam comments on a Monday which is not good.