Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fifteen books I'm desperate to get my hands on!

It is time for me to showcase fifteen books from my, rather large, goodreads to-read list. Most of them are yet to come out, but one or two (or five or six...) are already released. Most of these have a dystopian feel to them, which isn't surprising, and I am desperate for every single one!


I've been really eager to read this for 8+ months- though slightly disheartened by some not to fantastic reviews, I'm still vying for a copy.


I ADORE the sound of What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang; apart from having a really intriguing cover, the whole premise of the novel screams Romi attraction.


Above by Leah Bobet; I've read mainly medioca reviews for this one, but the idea of a girl who has bee wings isn't going to let that get in the way.


Catherine by April Linder. Other then the fact that I adored April's previous book- Jane- the fact that this is a retelling of Wuthering Heighs is really appealing to me.


The Treachery of Beautiful things by Ruth Frances Long has both an intriguing and beautiful synopsis, a beautiful cover, and it's on my 2012 booklist. It's a keeper.


I'm not completely sure if I will actually like Ten by Gretchen McNeil- it is, presumably (though, strangely, I haven't been able to find anything saying it is) a modern retelling of And then there were None by Agatha Christie. It sounds deathly scary (as the novel by the incredible Christie would be) but I don't know wether I could get past the scare factor. I'm willing to try.


The Girls of No return by Erin Saldin sounds scary and beautiful and I really am keen to read it.


I'm used to the cover of Partials by Dan Wells and by now I don't think I would link anything else with it- I'm not a huge fan of it, but I don't despise it. This sounds like a really great, massive, dystopian!


Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne- I am absolutely sold on this one; I've entered four or five competitions in which I can win it recently, but if I'm not lucky enough to nab a copy that way TBD sure has some business coming it's way.


Unravelling by Elizabeth Norris doesn't have the most promising quote on goodreads- "24 meets the X Files in the biggest teen blockbuster of the summer…" but I do think it sounds really good and I would really like to read it.


Do I have to say more then four repeats of the name? I'm pre-ordering. Soon.



Ah, Reached by Ally Condie. It's monumental- my first YA dystopian series coming to an end... I can't wait to see how Cassia cracks out of the bubble.


Prison Nation by Jenni Merritt has been waiting for me to buy a copy for a while now- I really am keen for this one; it sounds amazing and I adore all the quotes I've read so far!


Breaking Point by Kristen Simmons! I loved Article 5 and this already has a cover! WOW! I can't wait. No more then I can't  wait!


I recently read The Maze Runner and am still gasping. Must have The Scorch Trials.

Are you waiting for any of these? What books are you desperate to get your hands on?
Romi.x

8 comments:

  1. Awesome choices~ you pointed out a bunch that I hadn't heard of, but that now have me intrigued (The Girls of No Return, etc.). The girly part of me is so attracted to the cover of The Selection :) Prison Nation is on my summer list~ Jenni's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of those. But I want all of them! And they have such pretty covers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of those :( Some I hadn't even heard of! But I'm super stoked for Reached!!

    Two that I really, really want to read are The Selection and The Maze Runner series ;)

    Amazing list! Nothing wrong with a lot of dystopias!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Romi, you know how to make a girl DROOOOOOL. Dying to get my hands on Breaking Point!! I LOVE the cover. It's going to look amazing next to A5.

    EVOLUTION!!!! OMG *THUD* I have... no words.... I just.. I... it.. ROMI. That book is one of the new DOMINATING my wishlist. I am in desperate NEEED.

    And also SUPER excited to read What's Left of Me and Above!! I really loved Partials, I need to write up my review for that soon, but I'm crazy excited for the sequel already! I also finished Unravelling on the weekend and quite enjoyed it.

    And now I shall go sit in a dark corner and entertain dirty thoughts about Noah Shaw :P Awesome list!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just got my copy of Prison Nation in the mail! So far, it's really great! I think you should move it to the top of your list, although Ten sounds really interesting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOSH, SO MUCH AWESOMENESS! I actually really liked The Selection despite the negative hype around it because it was a really sweet book with adorable characters, and Unraveling just blew my mind. But I want to read the second Mara Dyer book SO SO SO badly (Noah Shaaaaaaaw <3), and I can't even express my love for the cover of Breaking Point. I didn't even know it was released yet! Thank you so much for showing it to me, Romi -- it looks so beautiful!

    This is a seriously drool-worthy list, Romi! Hopefully they're all amazing! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome list!!!!!!!!!! The Selection is soooooooooooooooo awesome and I really liked Unraveling too!!! Above, Breaking Point, and Reached are also at like the very top of my tbr list!!!! I actually didn't love love Mara Dyer but I did enjoy it so I can't wait for the sequel!!!!!!!! And yes a lot of them are dystopian themed!!! I love dystopians too lol :-) There are definitely a lot of titles on your list that I plan on reading this summer!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing Romi!!! Totally agree with your choices!!!!!!


    Following your blog! Feel free to stop by my blog!
    SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! SQUEEEEE. E. E.


I reply to all comments, in case you were wondering.
Also, I've been putting Word Verification on and off and it's currently on because I turned it off on a friday and had seven spam comments on a Monday which is not good.