Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Paving the New Road by Sulari Gentill...


Title- Paving the New Road. (Rowland Sinclair book #4.)
Author- Sulari Gentill.
Publish date- August 2012.
Publisher- Pantera Press.

*May contain spoilers for those who have not read the previous books in the series)
Review Time...


What I thought:
Paving the New Road is definitely one of my favourite books in the Rowland Sinclair series- it has a terrific sense of excitement and danger, doubled by the fact that the four characters are in possibly the most dangerous place for them to be at the time this book is set. I had a few guesses who the murderer was, but I didn't quite get it, which doesn't surprise me- I don't think I'm ever very good at picking the murderers, and Sulari Gentill is fantastic at keeping one in suspense until the very end!

The violence was, I think, the most profound out of all the books so far- in a short, about 2-4 pages, there was some serious action happening, unlike anything in the previous novels, and one of my favourite things about these books is the fact that, wether is be murder, fighting, attempted assination ect., it's never sickeningly described, and though it was intense and the most vividly painted of all the previous books, for me personally, it wasn't gruesome or cringworthy, it was very real but not sickening. That is a way of writing that leaves one in awe.

For some time, especially in the very last pages, I was a little concerned that this was the final book in the series- it wrapped everything up very neatly and seemed like an almost definite end, so for those who read the book and feel the same sense of dread, it is not so- there will be another book next year! Rejoice!

Paving the New Road is just as fantastic as all the other books in the series, incorporating some of the most well known events in history to make another excellent and highly intriguing story, that will be giving you much to think about long after you've turned the final page.



Thank you to Pantera Press for this review copy!

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I have not heard of this one before but it sounds like a good one! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it just as much as you enjoyed the other books in the series! The violence does sound interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    Feel free to visit my blog.
    SeeitORreadit


    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x