Sunday, October 21, 2012

Blogspiration (4) Aspiration.


Blogspiration is a weekly meme hosted by GrowingUp YA & Saz101. The meme was created to help spark inspiration among bloggers, readers & writers alike. An inspirational quote/picture/video is posted weekly, on the day of the author’s choosing, so that it may inspire creativity, conversation & just a little SOMETHING.


I'm currently on a listening spree of A series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket- it's the only series I know of that I prefer listening to, because Tim Curry is magnificent at reading it; it's like Stephen Fry with Harry Potter- it's just SO GOOD.
I find basically everything I read by Lemony Snicket to be incredibly inspiring- his use of words, his characters, his finesse with plots. It's makes me want to write notes, and I think reading/listening to the work of people you really look up to is incredibly important, because you can learn so much at the same time as enjoying their work.

Happy Sunday and have a grand week!
Romi.x

10 comments:

  1. This is heaps cute. I enjoy how clearly Lemony Snicket's love of words comes out throughout the books, and his sense of humour - it's so funny without being completely in-your-face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely agree with you- he's such a creative, inspiring author and I take a lot of pleasure from his trying desperately to get people to NOT read his work.

      Delete
  2. I really need to read some of Lemony Snicket's books! I have them, but I just haven't gotten to it. I love this quote, thoughtful and then humorous!

    I'm a new participant in this mene and a new follower of your blog! I would love it if you would visit my post here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, DEFINITELY get to Lemony Snicket- you may find the first four books in ASOUE a little repetitive, but from then on it's even golder than pure gold.

      Delete
    2. Okay, I will! They seem like light reads, so I'm sure I can get through them pretty quickly! :)

      Delete
    3. They are! And if you end up really struggling, get them on audio, which is the way I have gone through the series. Tim Curry is a legend.

      Delete
  3. I've heard really amazing things about Lemony Snicket but I've never read his series :( I need to work on that.

    Anyhoo, this blogspiration is kinda perfect because I AM leaving home soon and I am incredibly sad. Excited about new beginnings, but sad, you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely ought to- it's absolutely brilliant! He writes with such incredibly zest and the stories he tells within the pages are really unlike any you'll have ever read.

      Exactly- good luck with the adventures of a move!

      Delete
  4. !!!!!!!!!! ROMI. You have no idea how big the grin plastered across my face is right now :D

    I've read the LS books (though I saw the movie, which I loved) and I think that I may just have to fix this most egregious oversight. SOON :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I"m so thrilled it made you smile- the books are kind of depressing, but why do they make me so happy?
      The movie is fantastic, I'm planning on watching it once I've finished The End, which I'm currently reading, but you definitely need to read or listen to the books- the movie is the first three books, and there are still ten to go. I do wish they had done the entire series, though, and the actors they got were PERFECT. I wish Tim Curry could've been in it, as he reads the audiobook beautifully, but Jude Law is amazing too. Definitely fix the oversight of not reading them yet IMMEDIATELY.
      x.

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x