Friday, November 23, 2012

Some more books I'm excited to read!


I think this sounds like a really interesting book- though I'm not convinced that I'll like it it does really intrigue me, and that's enough to pick it up, right? I mean, it's a graphic novel... as in, a graphic book, and I don't mean lots of blood and gore. I mean it's pictures that tell the story, at least that's my understanding...



I generally am really interested in this for two obvious reasons-
1 being. The cover.
2 being. The synopsis.
DONE.



This sounds like such a beautiful and interesting novel and I've read a decent amount of good reviews for it, so I'm definitely keeping it firmly on my to-read list.



This. This sounds stunning. I love the idea and the simplicity of the cover really captures my attention- I'm very interested in reading it.


It's a two sided love story- you can read it from the back, from one perspective, or from the front, from another perspective. It's an awesome idea and THAT COVER! HOLY MOLY.


Basically I saw Chris Colfer's BEA speech and now have him high on my list of awesome people- this sounds like an awesome book, too.


I've never read any David Levithan but I have it on good sources that this is a stunning book and I can't disagree from the cover and synopsis, so I'm in.


I love the storyline. I love the cover. I love what the cover does to my mind. Enough.

Have you heard of/read/wanttoread any of these books? Any in particular that you're dying to get your hands on?


Romi.x

12 comments:

  1. ooh david levithan is a very good author. i need to get Every Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY- I'm so excited to read it, and also Will Grayson, Will Grayson, co-authored by John Green who is one of my all time favourite authors EVER.

      Delete
  2. For darkness shows the stars & The land of Stories! Those two books, I NEED them :D I also heard great things about Every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for books! There are just so many amazing ones to read and more coming out all the time! A bibliophile's booklist is never empty!

      Delete
  3. The Land of Stories has been sitting on my shelf for a while now but I have yet to read it (but Chris Colfer is fabulous!) And OMG the Floating Islands cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're so lucky to have it! I'm going have to get through all the books on my shelf before buying anything else, but these are all sure to be on my list! Isn't he? I loved his BEA speech- he was very passionate, amusing and enthralling.

      Delete
  4. For Darkness Shows the Stars sounds brilliant. I'm been meaning to read that for a while now! I can't wait to get hold of Out of Reach too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know- it sounds so unusual and definitely is one I'm keen to get my hands on! So many amazing books!

      Delete
  5. For Darkness Shows the Stars was quite good and The Floating Islands is one I own. I actually have a signed copy and I can't wait to start it soon. I've also heard SO many good things about Every Day, so that's bound to be amazing I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh- I hope it's fantastic! I'm hyped to get it myself, and Every Day! Squee! I haven't read any of his work, apart from briefly looking at The Lovers Dictionary, which didn't do much for me... I'm desperate to read Will Grayson, Will Grayson, though- sounds stunning!

      Delete
  6. I actually haven't heard of a couple of these but they look so interesting! I'll be checking them out more thoroughly after this :) I haven't read any of these novels either... For Darkness Shows the Stars, Every Day and The Land of Stories are the ones that jump out at me. Great choices, Romi! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled to hear you're interested in some of them! They've all got such beautiful and interesting covers, I think, and I adore the sound of them... all so unique!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x