Sunday, December 2, 2012

Blogspiration (8) Identity and Difference.


Blogspiration is a weekly meme hosted by GrowingUp YA & Saz101. The meme was created to help spark inspiration among bloggers, readers & writers alike. An inspirational quote/picture/video is posted weekly, on the day of the author’s choosing, so that it may inspire creativity, conversation & just a little SOMETHING.

I think it's very hard to push past the self doubt that I think everyone has, at least in some volume, and recognise that no matter what, you are you. You can aspire to hundreds of different things, ways you want to be but can't, or aren't yet, but I don't know if happiness, all encompassing and stronger than anything else- Pure Happiness- can come until you accept that you won't ever be the person you spend time wishing you were. Because you're a better person than that- you are better because you can never be as good at being anyone else as you can at being you. Which makes sense if you don't concentrait on how confusing it is.
I think Freaky Friday taught us all a thing or two about life.

Happy new week,
Romi.x

8 comments:

  1. I love this post Romi, you're always so inspiring! And I completely agree, it's better to be fully YOU then it is to try and be as good as those other people. Because what we're not realising is that by being US, we're already better then THEM.

    Be your uniqueness. Know that it is perfect and brilliant, and happienss will follow :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much- you surely can't know how much that means to me!
      EXACTLY! I love how you put it- I'm pretty sure I made it more confusing than necessary when I tried!
      x

      Delete
  2. Ugh, I commented on this and my stupid internet ATE MY COMMENT. Time to try again.
    I think that you are so right. And I know that for myself at least, I can have all these good intentions about accepting me for who I am, and embracing my flaws as part of me, and positive thoughts about my own worth, and determination, and then EVERY SINGLE TIME I will start thinking, "Oh...but..." and judging myself by stupid impossible standards - and I'm all for having high standards for youself, but not completely ridiculous ones - and then getting upset and frustrated and just argh. And I'm sure I'm not the only one with terribly big gaps between what I know is really real and how I think/wish things should be and what actually happens.
    So reminders like this are very, very good.
    So thank you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really thrilled that this has been a help- I really agree with what you said and hope that people can continue to realise that being themselves is better than anything else they could do. x

      Delete
  3. Great inspiration quote. :) It's definitely applicable to the blogsphere particularly, with the constant competition of who receives the most pageviews, the most ARCs, has the most followers... But that's not the point, is it? When readers are checking out your blog, they are interested in YOU, in your taste of books, your way with words, your ability to always make people smile with your charm and humor, or whatever it may be. Anyway, I really love this! Thank you for posting, Romi. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY! I'm so glad you commented and said this, because it's just amazing and so true! THANK YOU! x

      Delete
  4. I think this is something we all need to keep in mind after we've done something that isn't "true to our character" (ie- hurt someone we care about, act selfishly, etc.) or when something bad happens and it has a negative impact on our lives-- because, each experience may not make you "better" but it changes you-- and you either learn something new about yourself, life, others-- and you know have a different perspective. it's hard to see the silver lining at all times-- but after reading this quote, I am able to recognize that. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! It is very thought provoking and I'm really thrilled that you left it- thank you! x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x