Monday, April 8, 2013

Get to know a blogger {4} Sam from Realm of Fiction.


{Get to know a blogger is a new feature I'm hosting on my blog during 2013- every fortnight, if I can, I will be posting a Q&A with a blogger, and together we can get to know just a little of the awesomeness that surrounds those in the blogging community. I think it's going to be fun.}

Today I will be featuring Sam from Realm of Fiction.

*Describe yourself in 10 words or less.
Reader, blogger, Londonder, and supporter of all things Young Adult.

*Has blogging changed anything about you?
Plenty! I’m a lot more organised now than I was before. Blogging, for me, requires a lot of carefully-planned juggling and time management, and so these aspects have slowly seeped into my every-day habits. My confidence has improved, as has my writing. But the obvious difference is in my reading habits. Before blogging, I restricted myself to only a few select genres (convinced that I would never, ever like anything else), but now I enjoy a whole range of things. If it wasn’t for the blogging community, I’d still probably be reading paranormal romance after paranormal romance.

*Please describe the awesomeness of blogging in three words. (Hyphen’s may be used to cheat.)
Awesome-like-cake
Will-give-you-smile-lines (in a good way!)
Rewarding!

*What author/book/both have you found since you started to blog, that you can’t get enough of?
There are probably several, but the first that jumps to mind is Lucy Christopher’s Stolen. I hadn’t even known of this book’s existence before blogging, but, thanks to a few persistent and persuasive friends, it made its way onto my radar fairly quickly. I was lucky enough to win a copy soon after (from another blogger, no less!) and read it and fell in love with it immediately. It still haunts my thoughts. On a side note, I’m really looking forward to Christopher’s latest book, The Killing Woods, which is releasing this September!

*What is one thing that people might not know about you?
I’m a huge Doctor Who fan. Though I think some people may know this already! If I had to rank my Favourite Things in order (after family and all that boring stuff), Doctor Who would come in second place, right after Harry Potter. I probably shouldn’t admit this in public, but I even have a Tardis wardrobe…

*What is the first book you truly loved. Like Darcy and Lizzie LOVE.
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis. It’s the first book that I remember reading all the way through (by myself!) and loving. I’m sure there were more before that, but this is the first book to truly leave an impression on me. I haven’t read it in years, admittedly, and may even react differently to it now, but I loved it at the time. It was my introduction to fantasy and when I first realised I could lose myself in a fictional world.

*What fictional character do you think most resembles you?
There isn’t any one character that resembles me completely, but I have come across several that have aspects of me in them. The most recent of these is Addie Coleman from Kasie West’s Pivot Point. She’s a lot cooler than I am, but I share her sense of humour and love for books and order. Ten years younger, and I’d say Anne from Anne of Green Gables.Although I am nothing like her at the moment, we once shared the same inquisitive mind. 

Thank you so much for your awesome answers, Sam! I loved having you take part.

Follow Sam (everywhere)-

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the interview, Romi! I had fun answering your questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you, Sam- I had such fun asking the questions and reading your responses!

      Delete
  2. I really like Sam and her blog, so it was great to get to know her even better. I recognize the change in my reading habit. I sometimes pick up books I wouldn't read without the blogging community.

    Thanks for the fun interview girls :D!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam is totally awesome and so friendly- I agree that it was excellent getting to know her better. I think this means that the feature is going alright! (:

      Delete
  3. Awesome answers Sam! She sounds like such a sweet person. Blogging is definitely making me more organized than usual! XD If only I could stay organized....And what's blogging friends without persisting you neverendingly about a book so you could finally read it. (I have yet to read Saving June and Cinder! XD)

    You got the best memes (if i haven't told you already)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree- sometimes I still get behind but I definitely think I'm getting a lot more organised, both mentally and with the space I work in and life in general. Which is awesome!

      Oh, that's absolutely lovely of you, Delaney! Thank you.x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x