Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Get to know a blogger {6} Delaney from The Awkward-ness.


{Get to know a blogger is a new feature I'm hosting on my blog during 2013- every fortnight, if I can, I will be posting a Q&A with a blogger, and together we can get to know just a little of the awesomeness that surrounds those in the blogging community. I think it's going to be fun.}

This week I'm featuring Delaney from The Awkward-ness.



*Describe yourself in 10 words or less.
I'mmm....awkward. C:

*Describe your blog in 5 words.
AFDALKJFSLAKAFDLJAS (translation: totally awkwardly nerdy!)

*Has blogging changed anything about you?
Of course it has! It has changed how I look at books, how I read books, how I smell books, and how I LOOK at books. It's all very strange stuff. 

*Please describe the awesomeness of blogging in three words. (Hyphen’s may be used to cheat.)
(why you only let 3 words TT___TT) Little/big-community, awesome-ness-spilled-everywhere, da-yes. 


*What author/book/both have you found since you started to blog, that you can’t get enough of?
O___O I'm a freelancing reader for a reason. 

*What is one thing that people might not know about you?
*scratches head* Last year in 7th grade, being in Drumline changed me. 

*What is the first book you truly loved. Like Darcy and Lizzie LOVE.
I'll have to say Dash and Lily's Book of Dares (GO READ IT PEOPLE!) because when I finished that book, I adored it. And I feel like it's a book i've loved for so long (still do). <3333 (Oh and Howl's Moving Castle, Speechless too, and Notes from an Accidental Band Geek, don't care how much it's a mid-grade, it's so much fun to read; Just Listen, mmm, maybe more)


*What fictional character do you think most resembles you?
Francesca in Saving Francesca. ^^ Read the book. 



Delaney, thanks for answering my questions! (She has a super, super fun blog, which I recommend you all check out immediately.)

Follow Delaney (everywhere)-

6 comments:

  1. It's was such a pleasure to answer the questions, Romi! Thanks for the feature! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very curious to know in what way blogging has changed the way she SMELLS books. Is it that she's actually started sniffing them now or is it more how a pretentious wine connoisseur does that swirl the glass, inhale, swirl the glass, take a teeny tiny pretentious sniff and then nod to the waiter? OR, is it in a really creepy serial killer sniffing context? Sooo curious, potentially SOOOOO creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is perhaps less creepy than you are thinking, Lauren. Perhaps. Just a thought.
      If you think about it, I agree- when I started reviewing books, I would open the packages and there would be this new book smell, and cookbooks (high quality ones- yes this is getting pretentious now) smell very different to novels. I would wear that as a perfume.
      So- are we creepy or is it quite the regular behaviour? YOU DECIDE.
      This is actually pretty creepy now.

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x