Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Plotting a Takeover: Character Buys 1.


So, a new feature! There is going to be no regularity to this- don't even expect that from me any more- but I know it's going to be a lot of fun and I hope you enjoy it just as much as me. Thank you to Belle from Belle's Bookshelf for listening to my ideas and helping me out!
So, without further ado (you nor I understand why I decided to title it as I have, but there you go) about...


A not so regular feature in which I pick a book and then pick out things I think the character/s themselves would own/use or just really like. Links are to etsy/the shop's website. This week the featured book is...

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
Focusing on Mr. Darcy, Elizabeth and Jane.

This, I think, would be just the kind of thing Gigi would buy a modern day Darcy, as a birthday present or something like that. He would have it in his study, perhaps, and it would be just the perfect thing to make him smile each time he looks at it- Gigi would also love it, so he would never take it down.

Jane Bennet would certainly own these, or something similar, I think. They're so bookish and subtle- I can actually see her making something similar as a gift for Lizzie.

Another Mr. Darcy print, I think. Elizabeth might look at it and see the beauty of the work and it would make her understand/fall for Darcy a little more. He could have been left it by a family member and would probably not like it at all, but responsibilities and all...


Imagine if Lizzie decided to have this made into a mug for Darcy, as a anniversary gift or something. They could have a matching pair and it would be a bittersweet kind of perfection.

Lizzie would have this put onto a mug, joyously mocking her mother, which would be the best thing ever.

A perfect stack of books for Darcy, who would lug them around and pull them out whenever he finds himself at a tiresome ball.

Lizzie Bennet and Game of Thrones: Q. Need I say more? A. No.


Ooh, a modern day Darcy style- it could happen, or it could be something his aunt bought him and insisted he wear, but in the end he would cast it aside as he chose a more Bennet esq. path. Either way, it's awesome.


I will be featuring another set of characters soon, so stick around!

15 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea for a post!!! I loved all of your finds, and I'm honored to have my Mr. Darcy Westie print featured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really kind of you, Olivia! I'm glad you liked it so much- I think your print fits perfectly and can absolutely seeing Darcy owning it. Lizzie would, no doubt, find herself with her own, courtesy of Gigi, after no time at all. ( :

      Delete
    2. Who is Gigi???

      Delete
    3. Gigi is Darcy's sister- Georgianna Darcy. (If you commented below too, please be careful with your language as it could offend some.x)

      Delete
  2. This is such a fantastic idea for a post!!! Love everything, and thank you so much for including my t-shirt!! xoxoxo
    Ohmigosh, the Game of Thrones skirt?! I immediately put it on my favorites list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Neena! I really appreciate your kind words- I'm thrilled you like it so much.

      Oh I know- isn't it incredible? I'm swooning and I haven't even watched/read the books yet!

      Delete
  3. What a fun idea! The necklace, the scarf, the skirt, the mugs and the books are so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mel! There are so many AMAZING things online- I found a lot of new favourites when searching for this post. I think I'm going to have to buy that "Everybody behave naturally" mug because it's so me!

      Delete
  4. OH EM GEE I WANT THE DARCY AND BINGLEY SOFTIES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a print, but softies or print it IS AMAZING! The seller actually has a book series where these characters tell the story- Little Miss Austen, Little Miss Bronte, ect. There's one for Moby Dick, too- a giant whale softie would be IN-CRED-IBLE.

      Delete
  5. THIS IS SUCH AN AWESOME IDEA, ROMI!!! I LOVE THIS NEW FEATURE!!! I would definitely buy that lamp and the skirt and the scarf and and just let me buy everything! XD Your post has reminded me that i need to read Pride and Prejudice and meet this Mr. Darcy that everyone is talking about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Delaney! You're so NICE. And you are free to buy all of the things, as long as you buy me some, too! I think it's a grand deal. (:

      Oh- you certainly must read P&P because it is incredible and I'm sure you'll love it. I'm very excited to hear from you when you have read it!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! Especially the glass candles and the Game of Thrones skirt *grabby hands* And that Mr. Darcy doll is so cute! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you Cayce! I had such an excellent time putting it together, and ought to get started/finished on my next post, so it can go up soon!
      Ah, isn't the skirt so neat? I had seen it ages ago, but then somehow it got removed from my etsy favourites- I was so glad to find it again!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x