Friday, August 2, 2013

Songs that inspire my current writing project.

So almost a week ago I did a post talking about Camp NaNo and shared some pictures that I found inspiring for the particular piece I'm writing, and said I might share some inspiring songs. Well here ye go. (There are quite a few songs, so if you listen to even one I would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on it.)

Home- Philip Phillips.


A Fine Frenzy- You Picked Me.


Marina and the Diamonds- Mowgli's Road.


Yuna- Mermaid.


Sia- Breathe Me.


Daughter- Candles.


The Civil Wars- Falling. 
(Basically, this is a song that I find always inspires me, no matter what.)

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, great list! I love love love Home, it's such a nice song. The rest are new to me but I am definitely going to listen to them right now! I always have music on when writing but I never pay much attention to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much Alise! x

      Isn't is such a fun song? I love it, too! I hope you found a few new songs in the list!

      Delete
  2. That song Falling is amazing. Thanks for introducing me to it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcom- The Civil Wars is definitely one of my favourite bands and that song is just so... hard hitting. There's so much feeling to it and I just fall into a writing daze each time it plays. They also do an incredible cover of Billie Jean, if you're interested.

      Delete
  3. Some great inspiration here, I like Sia a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever listened to this song of hers, as far as I know, but I like it so much that I really ought to look into her other work (that's the thing with me- I find a singer/band I really like and then I so often don't look into the rest of their for for AGES!).

      Delete
  4. Love Yuna and Daughter! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me really, really happy, Elena! I only discovered Yuna around the beginning of the year and immediately listened to a tonne of her songs on YT- she's so beautiful and I really just love the vibe and difference that she brings to each song. Daughter is a long time favourite!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x