Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (7) Books I Wish Had Sequels.


Top ten tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where the people of the blogverse do some spotlighting in groups of ten, ocassionally (*ahem* often *ahem*) pushing the rules to the limits. In the best ways.


This week I'm bounding back into the business (do I sound like I have no idea what I'm talking about? If not, all is going well) with a Top Ten I knew I couldn't miss- Boo

ks I Wish Could Have Had Sequels. I've often felt it, and now it's time to share it! (Note that I basically never have any order to these lists.)

I love the world Poison is set in so, so much- I love the characters, especially Kyra, and would love to have been able to read more about them, and more from this stunning author.


I really would have been interested to see what happened to Pudge and The Colonel- I don't know about the others, but I believe firmly that those two would never have forgotten each other.


Long one of my favourite books, I would so love to meet Aubrey at a later stage and see what choices she made (if they're the same as the ones in my mind) and what her relationship with Gram and her Mother is like.

Quite possibly my favourite classic of all time, this is such an amazing book which I will never cease to speak of- Cassandra is an incredible heroine, whom I really connected with. I loved the openness of the ending, but wouldn't say no to a little (or a lot) more.


Similar to my reasoning with Aubrey- I would love to see what Coraline is like when she is a little older, how things have changed with her parents and if that Cat is still around. Coraline at university!


Not necessarily with the same characters, but a book set in the same world would be something that I would be VERY interested in- it's a dystopian society that was terrifying, especially in it's complete normality for those who lived there, and to see if it became altered after what happened in this book... that would be incredible.


This, I think, would be one of the most moving sequels, though at the same time I think I, and probably many others, would be very hard to please with it. How changed would Jessie have been? What did he go on to do?


I know that there's technically a sequel in Buttercup's Baby, and I haven't read that- if it even eventuated- but without Mr. Goldsmith's touch I don't know how well it could ever pull off with me. This is a once in a lifetime book, and maybe this was the only one we got.


I know this is the third book in a series, but one of my wishes was for just a little more... just another book with Howl and Sophie and Cal.


Both so I could read it and so I could watch the old actors come back and revisit their old roles from the film with Daniel Day Lewis and Helena Bonham Carter. IMAGINE IT.

8 comments:

  1. I thought of adding I Capture The Castle, but I feel like I've been mentioning it on every post since I started Top Ten Tuesdays! LOL Also, great pick with A Room With A View. That'd be an interesting sequel! :)

    My TTT:

    http://diamondinroughcoal.blogspot.com/2013/08/top-ten-tuesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because it's such an exquisite book! I feel like that sometimes, too, though- generally I just keep spouting my love for them! (:
      Wouldn't it be interesting? I wish one had been written- I'm not a fan of modern authors making a sequel to a classic... it just doesn't work well, for me.

      Delete
  2. Fahrenheit 451. Oh my god, I should have thought of that. Ace book. MAN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a grand book? I would so love to see what happened AFTER.

      Delete
  3. I want more Howl too! And a sequel to Coraline would be awesome! Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cayce! Coraline is such a great book and I so wish I had read it when I was younger- now I would love to meet Coraline again, at my age, and see what's changed. That would be so rad! (:

      Delete
  4. The only one of those I have read was Bridge of Terabithia so I would be of no help.

    I would like books that already have sequels to have more sequels: Harry Potter and the Protector of the Small series and Spark. I would like Spark to have a sequel :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you were actually saying a HP sequel was out called Harry Potter and the Protector of the Small. If it's actually a thing, I want it and I want it now. Harry Potter battles a giant sloth which is trying to squash the minute pixies and donkeys of the wizarding world.

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x