Monday, September 2, 2013

Books for when you're... (11)



Each fortnight I will showcase 1-2 books that I think would be fantastic reading if you're going through a  certian emotion/stage in your life.

Having trouble getting into the holiday spirit.
I know what it's like: It's only a few days until christmas and you're just. not. feeling it. That is why there are christmas books, and this is where I come in to tell you the ones that will undoubtably help.


Dash and Lily - David Levithan and Rachel Cohn.
Why I chose this book:
I read it the beginning of this year and just wished so strongly that I had read it in December because it would have been PERFECT. Set during the days before (and after) christmas it tells a really joyful and lighthearted story and there are christmas:
treats, lights, stores, themed costumes and SPIRIT.
It's really a lovely read and the characters are very enjoyable, especially as ONE DOESN'T LIKE CHRISTMAS.

Let it Snow- Green, Johnson, Myracle.
Why I chose this book:
I can't remember what month I read this, but I enjoyed it and though it doesn't have such a big focus on christmas, as such, it unique. I didn't like Lauren Myracle's story, so didn't read it, but I loved how the stories, though being about all different characters, came together slowly and made sense as a whole. It's nice.


Stay tuned for some more bookish suggestions for the good times, and the bad.
So far I've covered-

4 comments:

  1. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ YAY FOR DASH AND LILY'S BOOK OF DARES!!! That one i actually read in the summertime the first time around and then the second time around I read it in the winter near Christmas and it was the best feeling though California doesn't snow, I was just wishing to go to New York. Ahh that book made me want to New York so bad I still want to!

    I have seen Let it Snow and I haven't' picked it up, but with a recommendation from you over that it will feel like Christams, I should get it next time I head to the library.

    Awesome picks as ever, Romi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas time over here (australia) is in summer so I, too, read it in the heat, but reading wintery christmas books around christmas time gives me a lovely feel. It was excellent!

      Looking forward to hearing what you think of Let it Snow! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for an update from you on it! (:
      Thank you, Delaney!

      Delete
  2. This is such an awesome For When You're because I am always looking for books around the holidays to read, I seriously love to read Christmas books around Christmas and summer books for summer. I haven't read either of these so I will be checking them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Alise! I hope, if you read these two, they work out being good picks for you! I love reading christmassy books at christmas, but this is only a two book list so maybe I should do another christmas edition later...

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x