Thursday, October 10, 2013

Plotting a Takeover: Character Buys 3.

A not so regular feature in which I pick a book and then pick out things I think the character/s themselves would own/use or just really like. All links go to etsy/the store's website. This week the featured book is...


Howls Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones.
Focusing on Calcifer, Sophie and Howl.

I can absolutely see Howl magicing this up for Sophie.

A ring of promise.

 
Perfect for Sophie, or Howl, to keep a little magic on hand at all times- ready to be cracked open in an instant.

Wouldn't it be excellent if someone in the castle chose to get a little cat as a kind of lucky charm? Perhaps only a toy one, but...

Calcifer, I anticipate, would have made gifts for each of his friends at some point, all with a little bit of him on or in them.


Obviously they would have a castle in Wales in addition to the cottage. 

When in Wales, a mask must be worn for Halloween. This would be Perfect!

Bought by Sophie for Howl. Howl would, of course, put it outside their room.

14 comments:

  1. I love the dandelion necklace. It's so fragile and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you, Mel- it's definitely something that would make me feel marvellously magical, wearing it!

      Delete
  2. AHHH I was absolutely fangirl over the fact that you picked Howl's Moving Castle for this weeks feature of items! >///3///< *flails* I never knew Wales was a real country until someone mentioned it up and I asked if it was a real county. XD But that sign, hahah definitely outside their room. ;D That little globe necklace for spells must be for Sophie, but she must be too powerful for that. XD But that is really neat. And the lotus necklace definitely seems to match for Sophie. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I had to cover Howls Moving Castle in this feature- how could I not? You didn't know Wales was a country? Find the welsh accent on the internet somewhere and then imagine how Howl may talk.

      Glad you like the picks, Delaney! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. What a fun theme! Thank you for including my work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome- thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. What an interesting topic! Thanks so much for featuring my Jiji kitty :) I am actually reading this book right now as I LOVE the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear you're reading it- the movie is, I agree, phenomenal. I'm thrilled to hear from another fan!

      Delete
  5. Ooooh I love the little Calcifer mask and necklace, they are totes adorbs, but the colours are really pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they amazing? I'm sorely tempted to ask someone to buy me that mask, as a christmas or birthday present, because it is SO GREAT. I bought myself the Cal necklace soon after finding it, as a "You finished this writing thing YAY" present. Funtimes.

      Delete
  6. Really nice post, thank you for including my work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome- I'm glad you enjoyed!

      Delete
  7. Aww, this has got to be my favorite Character Buys post so far! I LOVE Howl, Sophie, Calcifer and really the whole cast of Howl's Moving Castle is just wonderful.
    Howl ate my heart - LOL And the dandelion orb necklace looks absolutely magical, it would be perfect for Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cayce- that's really kind of you! Isn't it just the most wonderous book? I really need to do lots of re-reading + watching this summer.

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x