Saturday, November 30, 2013

A decently minute break.

I am going on a brief blogging break. It's really not that long at all, and actually it isn't quite from... just blogging.
Two months. Totally detached from online.
No computer for me*.

This is very important to me and I decided mid-october that I would do this, and I'm incredibly excited for it. I will see you all when I get back sometime in February, with lots more book reviews and, no doubt, stories to tell.

As a final post for 2013, here is a short summary of my planned reads during my offline time. I have some catching up to do, shall we say?

The Hobbit, Eating Animals, Wonder, Great House, The Puppet Boy of Warsaw, Jane Eyre
Stardust, The Bell Jar, The Unwanteds, The school for good and evil, Swallowdale, Miss Marple stories
The Fields, Le Petit Prince, Code Name Verity, Zac and Mia, The Etymologicon, John Green Boxed set.
(These are "personal reads"- books I own and have been wanting to read all year.)

Uncommon Criminals, Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone, I(,) Coriander, Annie on my Mind, Land of Stories.
(Not Pictured: various+ Everything is Illuminated, A Tale of Two Castles, Middlesex and Charmed Life.)
(These are my "library reads".)


Crown of Midnight, Briar Rose, Untold, All Our Yesterdays, Severed Heads(,) Broken Hearts
Girls(,) Goddesses and Giants, The House of the Cats, When did you see her last(?), Unbreakable, These Broken Stars.
(Review books, of which I have a lot to catch up on.)

Needless to say I cannot wait- look at all these stories just waiting to come to life! Hold me to this- I shall return soon!

*Apart from two days late december when I'll be watching the P4A livestream, which is also important to me.

14 comments:

  1. AWW ROMI!!! I'M GOING MISS YOU ON THE LINE!!! TT ^ TT I VERY MUCH YOU ENJOY THOSE BOOKS TO ENJOY YOUR RELAXATION/RESTIN PERIOD. ^^

    Oh my I see THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL and THE LITTLE PRINCE! I do hope you enjoy THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL! And hoping to see a review on those two. I am holding you to it! XD

    I hope you enjoy your hiatus! It is always good to have one here and there. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only back a month late! But... who knows when I'll get back to posting. Before May, I'm sure! ( :
      I had an incredible break and am looking forward to spending much less time on the internet/computer/line this year- am looking forward to reviewing and chatting about books again, though!

      Delete
  2. This makes me VERY sad but I admire your commitment and I wish you luck with it. I've not had internet for a couple of days when I moved and OMG I DIED. But good luck and I hope you have a lot of fun and adventures that you can tell us about when we return and have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry it made you so sad, Wren! But wait... so that means you're actually a polka dot ZOMBIE?! I knew there was something peculiar going on, but Lauren... you could've told me.
      Look forward to hearing what you've been up to soon!

      Delete
  3. No computer??? WOW! That is something big to me! I don't know how I would even do that. Have a good holiday and enjoy the peace of just living your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thank you! And I highly recommend it- it was incredible and just plain lovely getting so much done and not relying on the computer for so many inconsequential things.

      Delete
  4. I rely on the computer too much to stay away for that long, but I hope you can make the most of your break! It looks like you have a lot of greats books waiting for you. Code Name Verity and Crown of Midnight were brilliant reads for me. I hope you enjoy them! See you in a couple of months. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thank you Sam. Sadly I didn't get through quite as many books as I would've liked, but my writing went so well that it wasn't a big deal. Crown of Midnight- oh my. Can't wait to post my review for it!

      Delete
  5. Awesome! I don't think I could do the same.. but I hope you read all the books you got there <3 happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mel! I can't wait for so many sequels now!

      Delete
  6. Hey I just found your blog and I thought, "Well this looks interesting"! I really really recommend The School for Good and Evil, Le Petit Prince, I Coriander (one of the best books), The Land of Stories (have you read the first one? Since The Enchantress Returns is #2), etc etc etc. I also have been writing on NaNoWriMo~

    Jaslyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already read the Little Prince in english and can agree that it's incredible, though I didn't manage to do the translation read of it in french over my break. Still, there's a whole year ahead!
      I have read The Land of Stories and really enjoyed it- didn't get to the second, but hopefully will soon.

      Lovely to meet you, Jaslyn!

      Delete
  7. Hope your computer break was amazing. I am sure it was refreshing in many ways and you probably had a lot more time, but I am mostly curious about it. (I have gone a few days- but a few months- wow!) It is mid-February so I am guessing you will be back soon- unless you decided it was more fun without the computer. :)

    I hope you got to read Wonder. I absolutely LOVE that book!

    See you soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun being offline, but I have been back since the second week in february, spending time updating my writing and getting things organised. Hopefully I'll be posting again by the end of the week!
      (Wonder was amazing!)

      Wonderful to meet you, Jess!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! SQUEEEEE. E. E.


I reply to all comments, in case you were wondering.
Also, I've been putting Word Verification on and off and it's currently on because I turned it off on a friday and had seven spam comments on a Monday which is not good.