Author- Cathrynne M. Valente.
Publish date- 2011.
Publisher- Square Fish.
What I thought:
I listened to this book on audio. Before I was three discs in, I chose the book itself when I won a "book of your choice" from TBD.
Within two weeks of finishing this, I bought the audiobook, too.
Because to talk about this book in full sentences would ruin me, here is an odd list of things I love about it, and an even list of things I didn't.
1. The absolutely incredible, mind-blowingly beautiful storyline featuring September, my bookish best friend and perhaps favourite character of all time.
2. There are characters who were sad and lost and hurt, but still fought and lived and waited; the fact that September knows she is in no way perfect, that she makes mistakes, is really important to me. She is drawn in by beautiful things and can be unthinking, but-
3. her kindnes, love and loyalty for her friends and the ones she loves so very dearly is of a calibre I only wish I could show, myself.
4. She is delightfully eloquent and pragmatic, and I wish she and I could be alike at all times in that way.
5. Cathrynne M. Valente has the most exquisite and perfect voice for reading this story. She is the voice of September for me.
6. The character's all have absolutely lovely names.
7. When I listened to this book, I felt like I had entered a world that was so special and one of a kind- maybe one that was just for me- that I never wanted to leave it.
I didn't like:
1. Cathrynne M. Valente doesn't read the second audiobook.
2. I took to long to get to it.
(0.5 neither here nor there notes)
0.5 I don't have a rating that I can use for this.