Saturday, June 28, 2014

Looking.

I  look  back  at  my  blog  fairly  regularly,  mostly  back  at  that  first  year  when  I  flourished,  a  14 year  old  at  the  helm  of  this  new  experience,  concept,  finding  inspiration  abundant  and  so  very enthusiastic.  The  first  year  is  really  the  one  I  see  most  regularly,  and  if  you've  ever  glanced  at  one  of  those  first  posts,  you'd  easily  think  I  was  so  very  cheerful.

Reading  those  old  posts-  all  my  old  posts,  really-  I  can  build  a  picture  of  a  girl  who  is  a  lot  in  love  with  words,  very  keen  to  try  things  and  probably  a  little  hyper.

And  while  the  word  I'm  about  to  put  forward  certainly  was  not  accurate  to  my  life  all  of  the time,  hardly  ever  to  my  blog,  because  I  did  feel  all  the  excitement-  I  did-  I  was  also  very  sad.  The  years  I've  spent  working  on  my  blog  have  been  some  of  the  most  painful  and  downright  awful  of  my  life.  I've  had  awful  moments,  days  and  weeks  and  months  where  I've  been  miserable,  but  I've  been  lucky  enough  to  have  turning  points,  too.  This  blog  has  been  one.

And...  maybe  this  is  not  relevant  to  books,  but  the  best  books  make  you  feel  and  all  the  feeling  I've  really  shown  here  has  been  happiness,  even  when  I've  been  annoyed  about  something  or  other  in  a  review.
And  I'm  all  about  honesty.  Talking  about  things  and  exposing  yourself.
Honestly,  I'm  terrified  of  my  pain  being  used  to  hurt  me-  have  been  for  years-  but,  if  I  expose  myself  by  choice  and  feel  that  that  is  right,  I  think  the  hurt,  if  it  were  to  ever  come,  would  be  less.

If  we  all  lived  in  the  same  town,  I  would  invite  you  over  to  my  house  and  we  would  eat  glorious  things  and  it  would  be  splendid,  but  you,  my  dear,  dear  friends,  are  spread  out  across  the  globe.  So  I'll  eat  the  cake  and  just  say  that  when  we  exchange  words  in  the  little  boxes  of  our  blogs,  it  feels  like  we're  together,  and  it's  made  me  very  happy,  this  connection,  this  book-begun  friendship.

Words  mean  a  lot  to  me,  honesty  means  a  lot  to  me,  and  so  do  you.

10 comments:

  1. I am glad you shared this with us. I feel lile bloggers can hide behind their words so I barely understand more then what they give us to read. But i am glad you faced those problems. Everyone has an experience that is very life-changing whether in a good or bad way.

    Oh if I lived near you I would just walk over to your and we would do something I don't know what exactly XD.

    Love ya, Romi!♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Delaney! Your words are really important and I'm really glad you shared that thought.

      Simultaneous reading! With cake! x

      Delete
  2. This a really great, heartfelt post I'm definitely jealous of how you have a way with words, you are very eloquent ;) It would be awesome to meet in real life, although I am already grateful just to be able to connect on the Internet when otherwise a lot of us might not have met.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alise! It's so nice having a way to connect and form friendships over something that's really important to people (in our case, as book bloggers, books) and finding similarities and veins of friendship. It's been really lovely. x

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is such a great post Romi! It was wonderful to read how much words mean to you! I think generally bloggers are very kind (thankfully that has been my experience) and opening up through blogging has always been met with great comments in my experience too. It is important to make your blog completely you no matter what, and I know people will respond positively to it! :) Thank you for this great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's really kind of you to say, Charlene! It means a lot! I'm glad you've had good experiences with blogging, too- it's quite an amazing community we have. x

      Delete
  4. I wish a lot of times I could meet up with bloggers IRL. I did do it once.. and it was awful. But I would hope that with others I would have a better experience. I wasn't actually blogging friends with the people I met up with... we were trying to just do something for Colorado Bloggers but it was clear from the start they had their own agenda. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's not good! I'm sorry it went so poorly, Angela! I think, though, if we organised a meet up it would be better because there'd definitely be an array of good food, like cake and pie and safety food like that. xx

      Delete
  5. This is such of a beautiful post, Romi. I say this a lot but... this was *beautiful* beautiful. There have been time when I have felt sad, sometimes for no apparent reason, and blogging and the people I have met through it have always been a way to take away that sadness, or at least make it lighter. This is something that is hard to type out, but I feel that these book-begun we all create with each other are very important...

    I mean, we might not know everything about each other or share all our feelings (it seems that people use their blogs to show themselves at their best, even if they aren't feeling that way), but I think they help and give us all a sense of being a part of something, which we are. And I'm very happy that I have been able to meet you!

    I don't know, I may be missing the point of this post, but this is how I feel >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you Lesley! Your words really hit me and I just appreciate that so much. I think it's really wonderful that you wrote what you did, even when you said it was hard.

      I don't think you're missing the point at all- I think you hit it really well, and I'm very happy you took it to heart. x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x