Saturday, June 14, 2014

Plotting a Takeover: Character Buys 6.

A not so regular feature in which I pick a book and then pick out things I think the character/s themselves would own/use or just really like. All links go to etsy/the store's website. This week the featured book is...

The Lynburn Legacy by Sarah Rees Brennan.
Focusing on Kami Glass. Can you believe it?

Anyone as totally savvy as Kami would have a monogram stamp. That is just Kami.

Besides thinking amazing character-sister and incredibly amazing person, when I think of Kami Glass I think of her amazing clothes. And Tights. I think these would be perfect for Kami! Pirates and narwhals? Absolutely.

This sounds to me like it's come right out of her mouth, and the chiripy thing that she is I can imagine Kami sporting this awesome bag everywhere and brightening not only her own day, but others.

I don't think we've really gone into Kami's room in the books, but that only gives my mind space to wander and imagine all the amazing artwork she must have. This, sly and beautiful and mysterious, is Kami.

Kami, like me, must have a large collection of journals, and these I can imagine her tucking into a bag and taking on her expeditions, jotting anything noteworthy down.

Though I don't recall Kami ever mentioned as wearing boots, I think she would love a pair like this, and look beautiful in them. Just picture it: these, amazing tights, beautiful dress. Kami Glass.




Kami wall art! Nice and bright, colourful, happy but also learning- this would, I think, be something Kami would love.


Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Kami has refernced herself as being a "Fox". I think I'm wrong. Still, I am sure she would say it, and wear this dress just to prove it.

This lip tint looks incredible, and I believe Kami would adore it, not to mention it's awesome ingredients.

These would be with some sort of christmas attire, I think- a green dress, gold earings... perfect.

These nesting dolls are so beautiful and sweet and overall artsy-wonderful, and I feel like they'd strike a real chord with her.

14 comments:

  1. I haven't read The Lynburn Legacy, but Kitty Flats!! So cute. I want those Pirate & Galaxy Tights, too. If I have to pick, I'd probably go with the Galaxy one though ('cause it's purple!!) And I've always wanted a secret compartment ring. Oh, and those nesting dolls ARE beautiful. Awesome picks (as always)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I would highly reccomend it! I absolutely love it, and Kami is such a terrific character. Honestly, she's one of my all time favourites.
      I'm so glad to hear you found some new things to love from this post! I, too, have long wanted a secret compartment ring! They're so mysterious.xx

      Delete
  2. Hehe, I wouldn't mind owning that FRABJOUS orange dress with the white neckline myself ;) Lovely post, Romi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it totally lovely? If you haven't met Kami Glass, actually Ella, I would recommend you read "her" book! Unspoken. Completely wonderful, I think.
      Thank you for the compliment! I'm thrilled you enjoyed it. xx

      Delete
  3. I love love the cat shoes and the ombre tights. I have both pinned on my pinterest board. I have looked for those cat shoes at many places but just haven't come across any. Anything Ombre is fabulous to me. I tried to get my hair Ombre once and the damn hair person didn't dye it right. $250 for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I allowed you to find these kitty shoes, then, Angela, and am thrilled you like some of these things so much! Tights are quite wonderful, I think. Quite wonderful indeed. xx

      Delete
  4. This is a really interesting and unique feature, I like it! I've heard of the book but have yet to read it, although I should remedy that soon. Love all the stuff you picked, especially the tights. I've kind of always wanted printed tights :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Alise! I'm really happy to hear that! Well I hope this makes you a little more keen to read it- the series is really wonderful (and hilarious) and I'm wanting anyone willing to meet the extraordinary character that is Kami! I hope you do sometime soon.xx

      Delete
  5. Looove this feature so much!! And as you were listing each item, I could TOTALLY see Kami loving each one of them! It looks like you must have had a lot of fun putting together this list, just as I had fun flipping through it. All the tights you listed are to DIE for!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Aylee! I really appreciate that and am so glad you enjoyed it! And I'm thrilled to hear you know Kami, too! And that you think she would like these things! That makes me really happy! xx

      Delete
  6. I love the ring with a secret! And those notebooks (I like making lists. I have so many notebooks!) These are wonderful picks. I'd like to find that kitty flats ;)

    Dre @ Sporadic Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lists are marvellous! I create many, too, and they're just so handy and fun. Organisation is very important to me! ( :

      Aren't the kitty flats sweet? I've been wanting a pair for quite some time, myself! xx

      Delete
  7. In love with the journals and tights! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they stunning? Oh, I could just buy all of this and masquerade as Kami for Halloween!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x