Friday, September 26, 2014

Book Tag! You will now learn things about ME!

Well this is intimidating. I do not write about about myself unless it has something to do with how much I liked a book, so I am taking many sips of iced tea whilst I consider how to proceed.

The lovely Joy from Thoughts by J tagged me to do the 20 Things You Might Not Know About Me tag, so lets see if I can be surprising, shall we?

One. How Tall Are You?
I am 154-156cm. I don't know when I last measured myself, but from my experience it is not a wise (or, in my case, accurate) move to try and measure yourself. It leads to descrution and marks about four inches above your eyeline on walls.

Two. Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what?
I worked out my three talents the other day (month) actually, but I can only remember... two of them. They were an impressive lot, but oh well. A lost memory is a lost memory, and my memory is poor.
1. I can make the right amount of thickshake/smothie for up to three people (all I've tried) just by estimation, and they are pretty splendid drinks, if I say so myself.
and 2. If I loose my page in a book, I can open it back to that page on my first try most of the time.
Told you they were impressive.

Three. What's your biggest blog-related pet peeve?
Ah... well my blog is about books and my writing, so I'll bend this question a little and answer that it is getting behind on my reviews! I fret about it a lot.

Four. What is your biggest non-blog related pet peeve?
Most of them have to do with cleanliness and hygiene. I dislike getting a book from the library that has bits of food in it. I've had chocolate ice cream fingers marking about 6 pages before, and as much as I love the library system, that was pretty awful for me.

Five. What's your favourite song?
I really love Burning Gold by Christina Perri right now, and am rediscovering my love for her work. Also We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off by Ella Eyre, and Not Crying by Flight of the Conchords.

Six. What's your favourite etsy shop that isn't yours?
I recently discovered this one, and adore it! I have some candles ordered and cannot wait to get them! I mean, for me you can hardly get better than book inspired candles!

Seven. What's your favourite way to spend free time when you're alone?
I love to skype with my overseas friends! Monopoly on skype in a joy, and it's just a really glorious experience. I also love writing and editing my work.

Eight. What is your favourite junk food?
Hmm... I struggled with food issues when I was quite young and have found a really healthy balance for me, but I don't necessarily like thinking of food I enjoy eating as junk food because of how it makes my mind whirr. I do love icecream and apple pie, though.

Nine. Do you have a pet or pets? If so, what kind and what are their names?
I have a lot of pets- well, they're family pets, but that's basically the same. Peacock + Peahen, geese, ducks, chickens, goats, dog, cat. My personal pets are a black dwarf lop eared rabbit called Hugo after a book character, and two goldfish (one gold, one white) called Hester and Bob. To my endless joy, Bob turned out to be a female.

Ten. What are your number one favourite nonfiction and fiction books?
All time favourite (and non-fiction)- My Family and Other Animals by Gerard Durrell.
Fiction- The Book Thief/Harry Potter/His Dark Materials/Fairyland/Throne of Glass.

Eleven. What's your favourite beauty product?
My skin is super sensitive to makeup (the aftermath of years of ballet concerts was not fun) and I only ever wear the very occasional lip tint/stick. I love my Lush It Started With A Kiss tint, though. It tastes nummy.

Twelve. When were you last embarassed? What happened?
Ah, I can't think of anything! I'm sure there was something, but...? Hilarious, but not embarassing- I made a collage of my best "faces"for my grandmother, since she said I'd promised to give her a picture of myself. It is unflattering, but we're all amused.

Thirteen. If you could only drink one beverage for the rest of your life (besides h20) what would it be?
Tea. I love green mint and rooibos blends, but if I say tea then I can drink them all!

Fourteen. What's your favourite movie?
Animated: Howls Moving Castle (and other Hayao Miyzaki films).
Live action: Labyrinth/Dirty Dancing.

Fifteen. What were you in high school?
I could've listed and chosen out of a bunch of things, but I was what I am now and what I no longer am. A writer and a dancer. Also home educated.

Sixteen. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I love my house, the garden and everything about the place I live. I would love to try England and Corfu one day, though, and France.

Seventeen. PC or MAC?
Mac. I love my MacBook Pro, despite the fact I use it only a couple of days a week. It's lovely to write on.

Eighteen. Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boy/girlfriend?
Well that hasn't happened.

Nineteen. Favourite celebrity?
I really like Saoirse Ronan- her acting is superb and I can connect with the roles she plays.

Twenty. What Blogger do you secretly want to be best friends with?
I really appreciate the kindness and friendship of the book bloggers I've been lucky enough to meet thanks to my infatuation with books. You are incredibly amazing people. I would like to be better friends with all you I've been able to get to know, even a little! You're splendid!

Tagging intimidates me. I particularly want you all to do this tag, if you so wish, which of course includes-
Charlene
Ella
Cayce
Angela
Nara
Lauren
Lydia
Aylee

and a few others who I believe have already done it. Each of you have been so nice to me, and if tagging is a form of thankyou, than I tag you a gazillion times.
Thank you Joy for bringing me into this! x

Romi.

16 comments:

  1. Eeep! It's nice to know more about you. ;-) MAC FTW!! I've only been on my macbook for 18 or so months, but I looove it. It's been 50 million times better than any PC I've touched. ^-^ I'm pretty awed by your talent to open a book to nearly the right page every time. OMG THAT IS TALENT. If I drop my book and lose my place? Well, RIP, because I am not finding it again in a real hurry. *sigh*

    Ice cream and apple pie is divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so, so nice, aren't they? I haven't had a laptop but for an Apple one, but I don't think I could change. I just love this so much.
      My magical bookish talent! It's very useful- I used to have a heap of trouble finding my page when I'd loose it, but now I just KNOW.

      Delete
  2. Yaaaay, it was so nice to read through all your answers and get to know you better lovely <3 <3 Your talents are impressive, I would love to make the perfect milkshake amount, but I love drinking the extra as well hehe. Oh maaan, I don't often borrow from libraries because that's my worst fear. I hate opening up books and getting dried up crumbs from who knows where fall on me. Gross! I loved Saorise Ronan as well, she played Susie Salmon really well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love drinking any extra, too- if you put it in the freezer, it's so nice to have like that when you feel like it. When I make drinks like that for myself I naturally make an extra half cup, so I can freeze it. SO NICE.
      It can be pretty unsettling, that- I adore the library, it's so brilliant and I get things from it all the time, but I am also very hygiene aware, so there's that that unsettles me.

      Thank you, Joy!

      Delete
  3. I dislike getting behind in my reviews as well (and it happens A LOT gah). x( I LOVE Howl's Moving Castle! Hayao Miyazaki's movies are awesome and magical. Spirited Away is so lovely (Haku!!) and The Borrowers Arriety is very cutee. <3 I haven't watched the newest one though. :( It's amazing that you're a dancer, Romi. If only I didn't have two left foot... *sigh*

    Would love to see pictures of your garden someday! My garden is one of my favorite places in the world too hehe. x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally up to date now (I have posts scheduled) and am so happy! I'm pulling books of my bookshelf and it's really nice to catch up on some personal reading for the time being.
      Spirited Away is my second favourite, perhaps- I haven't really thought what one I love second best, but every Hayao Miyzaki film I've watched I've loved.
      Oh, I only used to be a dancer! Not anymore- but endless hairspray and stage makeup memories!

      That sounds so nice! Gardens are exquisite. xx

      Delete
  4. This is a fun tag- it's always fun to know more about the blogger behind the blog! I totally identify with the tea-drinking, the Mac-loving and the non-blog related pet peeve - I love libraries, but lately I've been having real almost squeamish issues with reading books that have been through hundreds of hands. It's nice though when I pick up a book that just came out, and it might not have been touched by so many people! Also I would love to live in England! It's my number one, but France is also lovely - I wouldn't turn down living there if the opportunity arose! :)

    Thank you again for tagging me Romi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I've really enjoyed learning more about bloggers with this tag going around.
      Tea! It's so, so good, is it not? *sigh* I need to make myself a cup.
      I love the books that come in new- those are so nice to read, and to be possibly the first one to read them is really fun, though mostly I've been experiencing that with picture books more than YA or MG.

      I can't wait to see your post, Charlene! xx

      Delete
  5. It is nice to know more about the person behind the blog. I think I get to read all your wonderful reviews and what not but not actually get to know you.. well since none of us have personal blogs. I love that you have so many wonderful pets. Do you live on a farm? I have no talents that I can think of. I always wish I was talented. I suppose I do try at things though. I tried a garden this year. It didn't do too great but it was still a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually used to have a personal blog, but I turned it private and stopped posting there. I totally understand what you mean, though- it's been really neat to learn about the people whose judgement on books I trust, who I think of as a kind of bookish family.
      I don't live on a proper farm, we don't produce anything for the public from our land, but we have a big property and love animals. (Goats, though, are incredibly annoying.)
      Gardening is so fun, I agree! It's thereputic, I find. I think trying your hand at a bunch of things you're interested in is wonderful! A talent in itself! xx

      Delete
  6. Your second hidden talent is pretty dang impressive haha. I've probably only done that once or twice in my entire life.
    Woah that's a lot of pets! A peacock and peahen! Do you make quills out of their feathers :P

    Thanks for tagging me Romi! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Nara! It's quite handy to be able to get right back to the spot I was at.

      No, but I totally should start a collection. It would be a fun project, cutting the feathers, and heaps fall out. We've got a whole pot of them in our living room!

      I can't wait to see your post, if you do one, Nara! xx

      Delete
  7. Oh wow, SUPER impressed by your hidden talents. Really! Off the top of my head I can think of... ummm, no nothing. I have no hidden talents -.- And ohhh I often wished I grew up on a farm surrounded by animals! I bet it would be a lot more work than in my daydream (which pretty much just involves playing with the animals all the time), but it still sounds so nice. This is a fun tag! Feel free to post more personal type posts whenever you want to because I know I would enjoy that and so would others, I'm sure. I'll have to see about making up my post (and figuring out what the heck my answers would be), but assuming I can find the time to do it sometime, I'm in! Thanks for tagging me!! :D:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aylee!
      Getting into a routine each day makes it pretty quick, but it can be a big job, sometimes. As long as it's not pouring and you have to fill up the water it's okay, because then it can get a bit miserable! Summer is my favourite time for looking after them all, I'd say.
      I will definitely consider it, Aylee! And I hope you get a chance to do the post, too! xx

      Delete
  8. OMG SO MANY QUESTIONS...

    Okay, let's see some of the easier ones:

    162cm

    I guess, they are just hidden. If I know about them they weren't "hidden" anymore - lol

    favourite junk food - cookies? I don't really eat "junk" food

    They are family pets but we have two dogs, an old one and a young one. Haha. The young one would be called Bear (in English) which is more of a male dog name but she is actually a (very bear-like) she :D

    favourite nonfiction and fiction books:
    can't pick just one fiction but my favorite nonfiction is probably Roasting in Hell's Kitchen by Gordon Ramsay :DDDDD

    same with movies
    Howls Moving Castle <3
    and I also love Gattaca

    and now I have to run... sorry for the messy comment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an excellent explaination of a hidden talent, Cayce! And I love cookies, too, though being gluten and egg free makes cookie-acessibility difficult, sometimes.
      I love that your dog's name translates to Bear in english- male or female, that's an awesome name.

      xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x