Sunday, November 23, 2014

Books for when you're... (18)



Each fortnight, month, fifteenth full moon of the half equational motion of the earths full circuit I will showcase 1-2 books that I think would be fantastic reading if you're going through a  certian emotion/stage in your life.


Simply Wanting a Heartstring Pulling Read with Characters Who Will Make You Swell Up With Joy and Pride.
It's all in the title.


Anne of Green Gables- L.M. Montgomery.
Inspired by Aylee to watch the TV adaptation, my intense love for Anne in all her glory- feisty, good natured or hot tempered, spirited- was rekindled. She is someone you become quickly fiercely loyal to, and she feels like she stands by you every moment, trough every trial.


A Wrinkle in Time- Madeleine L'Engle, Hope Larson.
So far only from the graphic novel, but Meg and Charles Wallace are two of the most awe-inspirng characters in any book I've read. They have by no means led simple lives, and they're certainly not unhurt, and Meg's wounds follow her, but they want right and they fight- oh how they fight- for goodness to fight off the dark.


Little Women- Louisa May Alcott.
Jo may be my favourite bar no one, but all of the girls (a lot of the characters overall, actually) are there for you to relate to and love and cry alongside. The pain they feel is real. The anger and joy (I was furious at Amy in the manuscript incident!), and with every emotion you only grow to adore them more.

Stay tuned for some more bookish suggestions for the good times, and the bad.
So far I've covered-

2 comments:

  1. I HAVE STILL NOT READ LITTLE WOMEN AND I REALLY NEED TO.
    I feel like it's one of those books that I know I should read, but I just haven't gotten around to. So many classics in this category...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was kind of one of those classics for me, too, I believe, but it's also a classic that doesn't really feel like it was written ages ago. I got into it so easily and it was like reading a book you know you'll love, and it's so wonderful because I think anyone, really, will relate to at least one of the characters. For me it was Jo!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x