Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Epic Reads- a tag! A Tag! A TAG I SAY.

I'm doing the Epic Reads tag, which I saw on the glorious blog The Daisy Tree, which is seriously just lovely- I don't know where this tag originated initially, so whoever created it I give you the credit! It's excellent!


1. If you could invite one author and one of their fictional characters to tea, who would you invite and what would you serve them?
Well I like to bend rules (seriously this is about as far from the truth as saying pie and cake are basically the same thing), so I'm choosing Bisco Hatori, author of the wonderful manga Ouran High School Host Club. I'd invite her and two of her characters, Tamaki and Haruhi!

2. What book do you wish the author would write the prequel for?

The Sleeper and the Spindle comes to mind. Neil Gaiman wrote such a gorgeous fairytale retelling and I want to see how me envisages Snow White's story as a full, not just the afterwards.

3. Which two characters (NOT from the same book) do you think would make a good couple?
I do like the idea of either Kasta, from Graceling, or Lyra, from His Dark Materials, being in a relationship with Celaena from the Throne of Glass series. I think they'd both make a really good pair with her, particularly Kasta.


4. If you ran into your favorite author on the subway and only could say one sentence to them, who is it and what would it be?

I don't have an all time favourite author. I think... lets say it's Catherynne M. Valente. I would basically thank her for changing my imagination and helping me see fairyland more clearly again.


5. What book made you a reader and why?
Possibly Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. I vividly remember being given $20 dollars and being able to go into a bookstore and buy it, simply because it sounded interesting and I really felt passionate about it. And they're such beautiful books, those ones, the covers... I think that really bought me into novels.

6. Your bookshelf just caught fire! What is the one book you would save?
WHAT?! I repeat, WHAT?!
Probably my boxed set of A Series of Unfortunate Events, titled The Complete Wreck. It's just beautiful.



7. Which dystopian world would you want to live in and why?
 Ahh... possibly that of WondLa, the series by Tony DiTerlizzi. It's got animals that nowdays are teeny tiny and are huge (water bears), is wonderfully imaginative and also a place for adventures to take place.


8. What is your most Epic Read of all time?
Fantasy-wise, it's currently the Throne of Glass series, by the brilliant Sarah J. Maas.


This is an incredibly fun tag! I bid you do it! No specifics- if you looked to see if I tagged you, please do it and give me a link. I'll be thrilled!

6 comments:

  1. Yesssss Sarah J. Maas' series is pretty daaaamn awesome! I am actually thinking of buying the series in hardcover just so I can admire them even more hah.

    Loved your answers, Romi! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can completely agree with that, Melanie!
      I have a really tragic (in bookish terms) history with the ToG books- the first, an ARC, my sister accidentally threw herself on and bent the corner and tore the bottom of the cover, the second her cat decided to chew, and the third I put in my bag and the cover folded back!
      I will probably need to buy the boxed set when they're all released!

      Delete
  2. I really need to get my copy of the Sleeper and the Spindle soon! I know I will love it! And Celaena and Katsa pairing would awesome!! They would be so kick-ass too! :D I'm glad you picked the Throne of Glass series as an epic read too - I read that Sarah would be doing a book signing tour in Australia soon - are you planning to see her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do! You do! You will! You will!
      Wouldn't it? That idea came to mind and seemed PERFECT. How neat- definitely a team to kick lots of ass!
      I'm still waiting to hear the details of where she'll be, but I dearly hope to be able to go! Even if it's just a day trip to wherever it is. That would be absolutely glorious!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you did this tag, Romi! I really liked reading the answers to all the questions. I need to read Throne of Glass...sounds amazing.

    Thanks for saying those sweet things about my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun! I'm very glad I decided to.
      OOh. If I could give you one recommendation, right now it would be to read the ToG series. It is absolutely fantastic! I hope you'll give it a try!

      Oh, that's alright! You're blog is gorgeous. x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x