Thursday, February 12, 2015

Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan...


Title- Unmade (Lynburn Legacy #3)
Author- Sarah Rees Brennan.
Publish date-  August 2014.
Publisher- Simon and Schuster.
RRP- $16.99

*May contain spoilers for books 1 and 2 in the trilogy! BEWARE*
I love this series, so here is my review of book 1, book 2, and a character feature post!


Review time...

(A Brief) Synopsis:
It's the final showdown in the small town of Sorry-in-the-Vale, and Kami must face not only the darkness of evil and the power it has over the people in her beloved town, but herself and the choices that she and the people she loves make, and how they change everything. (DUN DUN DUNNNNN)

Thank you to Simon and Schuster for this review copy!


What I thought:
I read this a whole month earlier than I read the second book last year, which makes me feel like I'm going pretty well with my reading (ha, that quickly changed!) but unfortunately it wasn't so stellar as the second book had proved to be. This, being the final, has so much hanging on it- I've lost all my love for a series because of the last book, and though that certainly didn't happen here I was aware that it was falling close to flat. Kami lost a touch of her brilliance in the whole "which boy should I choose oh my" triangle, which truly bewildered me since I had never thought she actually questioned which Lynburn she loved, and suddenly funding so much triangular love wasn't such a good thing for me.

It also felt like the pace was quite erratic, with it all going along at a rather slow pace only to speed up and overtake itself in a scene of intensity (sometimes with the extreme angst of the *mostly* ever lovable Jared this wasn't a terrible thing), though by the end, for the most part, it had settled itself.

As an end to a series that I've always been a month or two late on, well it was pretty good. Kami shines and fights for herself and others in a way I can always rely on her to, and I was happy with the way things tied up, the sorrow and happiness that the characters were respectively doled out. There were moments I disliked, more than there had been in either of the other books, but the moments that shine really do, and the last 120 pages all shone brightly. It wasn't brilliant. Or stunning. But it was an end, and an end that was really... right. For me. For Kami. For my understanding and appreciation of the characters.

Rating: Really rather Hmm-ish.
Angst- too much. Love reliability- a bit wild w. Kami but otherwise good. Quotable scenes- a delightful amount. Humor- shining. Pace- unfortunate. End- good. Really quite good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x