But before that, here are 11 facts about me! Woo. Everyone start to responsibly party!
1. I have seven pairs of converses. They are my collection, so it’s okay. I’m sure.
2. When I fall for something I fall hard and basically nothing can make me revoke that love.
3. I name my pets after fictional characters. Hugo my rabbit for Hugo Cabret. Kasta my puppy for Katsa (please let us all forget the fact I named her wrongly because I read, reviewed and squeed over Graceling’s protagonist, never realising I got her name wrong. Let’s just FORGET IT), Hester and Bob, my goldfish for… well one was a character from Miss Marple. Bob is just Bob. And I’ll have a cat called Serafina, for the gorgeous witch.
4. I grew up skiing and almost got lost in a snowstorm with two other 8 year olds. We didn’t navigate it well.
5. A ski lift stopped when I was going up an almost vertical slope once. I started sliding backwards (and note I was the only one with this dilemma, as no one else was on said lift) so jumped ship (lift?) and one of my ski’s came off and slid down the hill so I had to hobble-slide down to get it.
6. I used to be terrified of dogs. My scream was well renowned to mean a. I was unhappy, b. There was a dog, c. Or a leech was trying to consume my spirit. I told the dog thing to people at the animal shelter I once volunteered at and they thought it was hilarious, because I so often chose to walk the gargantuan dogs.
7. I love dogs and cats equal-pops.
8. But Snow Leopards and Lynxs are my favourite, no question.
9. I have only been to three of the Australian states, including my own. Don't even ask about my international travel.
10. I didn’t always know I wanted to be a writer. Relatively, this is new.
11. I used to be a person who would pull everything off pizza and only eat the cheese and sauce. Tell that to the anything-so-long-as-it’s-a-vegetable-stack-it-on-stack-it-on girl. My smaller self would be repulsed by the person I turned into. I have an intense dislike for pink now. I make my child self cry, sometimes. I mean, I have a dog for crying out loud- do I have no self restraint?
Now for Glazia's questions!
1. If you can assign a theme song to your favorite anti-hero, antagonist, or villain, what would the theme song be?
Well it’d have to be Dance Again from a Very Potter Musical. I mean, it was literally made for Voldy. I don’t know that he’s my favourite villain, but it was too perfect a fit to skip over.
2. What was the most recent book that made you laugh?
One of the Georgia Nicholson books- I read the whole series in January and though Georgia annoyed the socks off me, she was hilarious and I laughed a lot with those books. Though, more accurately, Angus, Libby and Gordy were the hilarious ones.
3. What types of books do you want to try reading more of?
Fantasy! It’s my favourite genre but I just haven’t read enough of it. Could I ever, is the question? Possibly not, is the answer. I’d also really like to read a mass more LGBT+ fiction, or even just stories that featured LGBT+ characters. It’s not too much to ask is it, oh world?
4. Who is your new favourite author?
Bisco Hatori, who writes the Ouran High School Host Club manga, and Laini Taylor. Both blow me away.
5. If you were trapped in an alternate fantastical universe, which book characters would you like to meet for help and/or fun?
September & co. from the Fairyland series and Celaena/Aelin from Throne of Glass. Also Lyra from His Dark Materials, and since it’s a part welcome Luna and Katsa!
6. What is your preferred method of acquiring books – libraries, bookstores, friends?
Ooh… old bookstores. I love books that have been read and owned and have dozens more stories in them than the ones they actually tell. It’s somewhat magical.
7. Why did you start blogging?
I wanted to share the stories of my writing, editing and querying process, though also sing the praises of all the books and authors I loved, which I ended up focusing on, blog-wise.
8. What book(s) are you reading next?
Wandering Son Volume 1. I’ve already read all the volumes published in English (Come June! Now! Please!), but am rereading the first volume because a. It’s incredible, and b. It’s for my bookclub.
9. If you like book adaptations, what is your favourite book adaptation?
Howls Moving Castle! I love how all the different adaptions of that story- novel, film, manga- all tell unique stories, and the film… *sigh* I don’t know if I’ll love a film more than that, not ever.
10. What is your go-to hobby (besides reading)?
Running. I love to run. Also I really love collaging. Surprisingly, my puppy only likes the latter, because she can sleep through it.
11. Dragons or Fae?
DRAGONFAE! I love dragons and fae equally, probably. So dragonfae are perfect, thank you.