Saturday, August 15, 2015

It's time for the Ultimate Find Me Tag.

Because Romi does never a thing by half (she's creative like that), I'm combining two tags- the Find Me Tag (thank you to Ella for the tag, lovely!) created by Novel Ink and the Ultimate Book Tag (Nova and Alise basically tagged me. Basically.) created by I have no idea.
 I celebrate not being tagged for things, so I'm not going to tag anyone. Grab your mantle and do it if you want to, it's as simple as that.

So I'm going to alternately answer the questions and mix things up! Woo! LET'S DO THIS.

1. A Book with a weapon on the cover.
Etiquette and Espionage does this rather well.
2. Do I get sick whilst reading in the car?
I do, unfortunately, although recently I've been able to deal with it better. Manga is pretty easy going. But there are always audiobooks!
3.Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Catherynne M. Valente. I imagine I could open any of her books and just know it was her. She writes in this delicate, fierce, gorgeous way that I've never seen before, and I utterly adore it.


4. A book with the moon on the cover.
It's a red moonm, but I don't discriminate.
5. Do you carry a book bag?
I have a bag I put books in, but I'm lousey at ever remembering to take a bag with me anywhere, unless it's a trip, so generally I just carry a book with me.
6. Do you smell your books?
Ah, yes? Of course I do. Books smell like writing and stories and adventure.

7. A book with a girl (or boy) in a white dress on the cover.
I don't care a jot that it's a flag. It's white. That is all one needs, and walking around in a flag would be epically fun.
8. Books with or without illustrations?
With. All the way. Every day. It's one of my bookish sorrows that YA has such a small amount of illustration in it, so I take anything I can get.
9. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood?
Funny haha or funny tears? Because I once accidentally spilt tea on my copy of The Fault in our Stars when I was doing a film project. It was quite a lot of tea. And about three years ago.

10. Book with a couple kissing on the cover.
Well this is very easily sum-uppable. Those two are always kissing, and my Funko-Pops are lovers.
11. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
A dictionary on the language of flowers that my friend bought me. It's so sweet.
12. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
My Unfortunate Events box set. It is sodding massive and IT COUNTS.

13. A book with a sunset on the cover.
It might be the universe. It might be a time machine portal of magic. It might be a sunset.
14. Do you write as well as read?
Does... does my blog title not give that away rather a lot? In other words, yes, I certainly do.
15. When did you get into reading?
When I found Inkheart and Inkspell at a bookstore, aged about 9.

16. A book with headphones on the cover.
I've wanted to do this since I first read that question.
17. What is your favourite classic book?
I'd say either Anne of Green Gables, The Little Prince or Little Women. I cherish them all.
18. What is your favourite word?
Dappled. And Kasta, because I love her. Also, I'm a pirate, so eh.

19. A book with water on the cover.
I love this edition. My Puffin Classics are preciousssssssessss. And the design of each is so unique.
20. Vampires or fairies? Why?
Fairies. I'm a person who has a long affinity for the magical critters of old, be they fairies or faeiries. I learnt the difference.
21. Shapeshifters or angels? Why?
Shapeshifters, because they are relevant to the book I'm editing and I have become rather fond of them.

22. A book with flowers on the cover.
They're flowers of death, yes, but still flowers.
23.  Spirits or werewolves? Why?
Well thanks to the very first book I have a newfound love for werewolves, but spirits are my favourite. They're just... rather me.
24. Love triangles or forbidden love?
Forbidden love. I'm not a fan of the triangle, and forbidden love seems, in general, to promise more emotional investment.

25. A book with heart.
Excuse me, but this book has about the most heart of anything I've ever read.
26. Full on romance or action packed with a few scenes of romance in between?
I think if you were to mesh the two together you'd get my level of enjoyment down pat fairly well.


8 comments:

  1. Audiobooks are THE BEST when you get carsick easily. They're perfect for when you're on the road. And I read Inkheart and its sequels too when I was younger, it's such an homage to reading and readers everywhere really. Love your liberal interpretation of a sunset haha. And the headphone cover is just awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they glorious? I actually have been listening to them when I exercise and make dinner and all that, more so than in the car. I suppose I find more quiet things to do when I'm riveted. Inkheart is so fantastic.

      Thank you! I enjoyed coming up with that one a lot! xx

      Delete
  2. Such lovely books! I don't get carsick but I remember an article predicting that a person's reaction time might be slower if they are reading in a car. I have been recently charmed by audiobooks so I'll give those a try instead ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love pulling books off my shelves and oogling them, which makes book tags particularly fun. Audiobooks are fantastic and sometimes they just get me so much better than the book- Beauty Queens a good example. Libba Bray reads it and does the best job, but I could never get into the book. Huh. xx

      Delete
  3. "book with headphones on the cover" LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Aah. I could keep that one going forever. xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely tag, Romi! "Do you write as well as read?" That question made me laugh. I like to think of you read you feel the need to write (journals, novels, blogs etc.) and if you write you certainly must read! :)

    -Jordan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I can understand that- and it is a need, for many- but I also understand books alone, reading them, being sustaining. I imagine there are plenty who happily do it completely their own way. It's kind of magical, really. x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x