Friday, September 25, 2015

My OTP died (true story)

So this is something I wrote up a couple of years ago *looks far into distance resembling her past* in my tumblr days. It comes up every now and then in my itunes, because I totally recorded a version, and I felt like sharing it. This is set to the balled Forever and Always by Taylor Swift, which I used to adore (that acoustic version, though, seriously). I've actually also got one of these for YMCA, which I should totally finish writing. THE FILE IS STILL ON MY LAPTOP. And it's true, my OTP did die. I am a sad, sad reader for it.

Once upon a page
Finnick and Annie they'd just met
and things were going fine-
they'd caught onto something!
I look back to the night
I first read how she crept up on him

But what about Ron and Hermione?
They're perfect cause they're opposites
she's so darn brave
and he can be a big prat

oh my gods what happened
please tell me!
'cause these series' have ended
and I don't know how to process my thoughts

Is my fandom still alive?
My OTP died!
And now I need more
need more
need more
because for one second they were so damn happy

OMGS
I've got tears down my face now
everything is gone
Ron and Hermione lasted but now they feel so wrong
because I found Dramione

Now onto J Maas
all of her ships broke my heart in about
Fifty. Different. Ways.
I don't know what part is left
and to be truthful?
I think I lost my soul

So here's to my new hope
coming down to nothing!
Here's to fanfic
that cuts me to the core!
Look where they were going
before they were torn apart by some author!

Is my fandom still alive?
My OTP died!
And now I need more
need more
need more
because for one second they were so damn happy

OMGS
I've got tears down my face now
everything is gone
Violet and Quigley were so perfect but where've they gone?
And what about Lemony and Beatrice?
How could you do that to me?
I really don't know.

Ohhh-
Finnick/Annie
Katniss/Peeta
Peeta/Bread
Nevil/Luna
Jared/Kami
Lizzie/Darcy
Sorty--- Scarfy!

Oh please no-
oh gods please no
How could you write that?
Please no-
oh gods please no
How can things end like that?

I've got tears down my face now
everything is gone
Is it time to mention Snape and Lily?
Because I don't think I could ever do that

Is my fandom still alive?
My OTP died!
And now I need more
need more
need more
Because for one second they were so damn happy

OMGS
I've got tears down my face now
everything is gone
 Is there ever going to be a character who will
live infinitely?

How could you do that to me?
That one last kiss
*cries hysterically*

8 comments:

  1. Ahaha I loved this poem! I may not have been able to recognise all the characters you were pairing up, but I definitely can relate to the feeling of having your OTP die! I usually lose all the shipping battles and the main character ends up with the person I don't want them to. Or that person dies. Yep. It's a sad and hard life for us :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad! Well, there are a lot of ships I'm sailing with, Olivia! The heartwrenching moments of our favourite dying. WHY AUTHORS, WHY?

      Delete
  2. I just stumbled upon your blog, but oh my gosh this may be the best thing I've ever read( sung in my head)! I'm not sure what I love more about it, that you ship Nevile and Luna (!!!) or the Peeta/bread part. =) it's just so true. *sob*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah, thank you so much! That's an awesome compliment and I'm so glad you happened upon this. Yes! Nevile and Luna are gorgeous together, and Peeta and Bread? Katniss stands no chance against THAT kind of love. xx

      Delete
  3. Peeta/Bread hahahaha snuck that in there, didn't you? :D I love creative works about fandom! Also, I completely fail at tumblr haha. I signed up, but I have no clue who to follow and what to actually do on there. And I miss comments! Anyways, waiting for your Peeta/Bread fanfic now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID! Because who can deny the passion of their love, really? This is really the first one I ever did. Oh... no, actually. I used to do collages, too, which were so fun. I have a bunch of art-book folders full of them!
      Tumblr was just so pretty. Lots of swearing, too, which I wasn't a huge fan of.
      I am totally gonna write that fanfic. Flora! YOU HAVE MADE ME! Look out for it!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x