The lovely Alyssa of The Devil Orders Takeout was kind enough to tag me in A Writers Life for Me and Secret Life of a Book Blogger tags, and I'm nothing if inefficient. So let's go and hopefully not break many things along the way.
First, let's talk about writing.
1. What Kind of a Writer are you? One that writes. *accepts applause* I... actually don't have a better answer for that. NEXT QUESTION.
2. When did you start writing? What made you want to do it? When I was about twelve. I was at the beginning of a spiel of depression that would last until I was about 16 and it was an escape. A way into a better place with people who were better for me than the ones I had become surrounded by. Also: who doesn't want to write stories in which they cameo as magical fairy princesses. Because I did.
3. What inspires your stories? Myself. My imagination and experiences. My wishes and hopes and fears and dreams.
4. What themes do you like to explore in your writing? Things that make me happy and sad. Pushing characters to the limit. Death and hope.
5. Are you a panster or a plotter or a bit of both? I definitely have always been a panster, but... at the moment I'm kinda in plotter mode? Which is weird and exciting and I quite like it.
6. Where are you at in your journey? (Querying, agented, published.) I'm at the writing, editing, sharing, planning stage.
7. Have you ever entered any writing contests? YUP. SURE HAVE. I haven't won any, but I tend to consider any experience good experience. Unless it's shit experience and then I don't think that at all.
8. Who are your writer heroes? Catherynne M. Valente, because she can write about a place I feel desperately at home in every moment. In blog land I look up to Alyssa, for her wildly gorgeous creations, Chiara for her passion and the fact she has all of the skills, and Cait for sharing her wonderous snippets and making me want to share, too, even though it's scary.
9. Have you been to a writer conference? Nup. I've wanted to, but haven't ever been to one.
10. Three tips you'd give to newbie writers: Write. Believe in yourself. Set goals.
And if you've still not had enough of me, let's continue! LET US ALL LEARN ABOUT MY SECRET LIFE.
The secret? It. Doesn't. Exist. I've really wowed you now.
This is the quickfire round, btw. It involves excessive shouting.
1. How Long Have You Been a Blogger? FIVE YEARS.
2. At which point do you think you'll stop blogging? WHY WOULD YOU EVEN ASK THAT.
3. What is the best thing about the community? IT'S SPIRIT.
4. What is the worst thing? And what do you do to make it okay? Well we're a giant pot of people with different beliefs and values, and we can clash. I try to be honest.
5. How long does it take you to create/find pictures to use? ABOUT TWO MINUTES BECAUSE I GO TO THE PUBLISHERS SITES AND DON'T USE GIFS.
6. Who is your book crush? KAMI GLASS.
7. Which author would you like to have on your blog? CATHERYNNE M. VALENTE AND SARAH J. MAAS.
8. What do you wear when you write your blog posts? CLOTHES. WHAT DO YOU WEAR
9. How long does it take for you to prepare? Ah... what? I have SET DAYS. I'M ALWAYS PREPARED.
10. How do you feel about the book blogger community? IT'S LOVELY.
I'm going to tag people, for once. I'm tagging Chiara, Glaiza, Val and Lili. xx