Sunday, October 11, 2015

Perceivable Intensities (1)

In the lead-up to publishing Perceivable Intensities (or the alternate title of Ashes, Ashes) on WattPad in December, I've decided that every week leading up I'm going to share something about the story as I edit it for publication. It may be a snippet, a character portrait or really totally fun background information. Possibly what I share will be a good representation of how my editing has gone that week.

For week 1, I'm going to paint a character portrait of my protagonist.

Name: Allison.
Age: 18.
Activity/Role: Agent- secret.
Description: Dark brown hair, cut short, curls straightened out. She wears a guarded expression, which is a fairly good representation of how she keeps herself. Allison doesn't like interacting, she likes working and proving herself.
History: Her history is revealed later in the draft, so obviously I'm not going to negate my purposes behind that. She is the goddaughter of Walter, though, and he adopted her aged 7. Allison joined the service when she was 17. She grew up in a mountainside village that was always cold. She believes she has to prove her worth to everyone, since some might think she got accepted as an agent as a special favour and because of her family links.
Partnered to: Sim, Pepper.
Favourite person: Walter.
Biggest fear: Being open.
Dark secrets: Yes. Many.
Favourite activity: Secretly, Mason hunting. All other times? Professionalism when kicking asses.
About: Allison was one half of the best team. She and Sim had been partners for three months when they were assigned the Mason case, and putting the leaders of the criminal family to excecution or inside a high security prison only bought their prowess as a team more into the spotlight. She terminated their partnership, however, after their latest case (tropical island, security code, laced chocolates, stolen nuclear devices) and it is at this stage, around abouts, that the story begins.
Describe her in five words: Insecure eye quirk of doom.


You can follow me on WattPad in preparation for December, when Allison and co. will be released on the WORLD. Until then, see you next week. (And, like, during the week. I'll be here!)

14 comments:

  1. Curiouser and curiouser. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really excited for me, too. xx

      Delete
  2. Ohhhh, Allison sounds quite fabulous and intricate. I cannot wait to get to know her even better!

    Have you watched the TV show Fringe? One of the main characters is called Walter, so I already have an image of him in my head XD

    I cannot wait to read more about this story because SPIES ARE AWESOME.

    I already followed you, my lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you know how to make me and my characters go all mushy. Although Allison would probably never allow herself to go mushy over anything, unless she was locked in a room with a securely bolted door.

      Nup, but I looked Walter up. Visually they're actually kinda similar! Which is really strange to see. No idea how they might match up in other ways, though. By the looks of it, not so much. I'm all the excitement that YOU ALREADY HAVE AN IMAGE OF HIM THOUGH. SERIOUSLY. This is exciting!

      xxxxx

      Delete
  3. I like this build up and I am looking forward to knowing what else might be in store for us! As for this little treat here, it definitely does intrigue. I am someone who loves it when there are secrets involved in a novel. So a secret agent? Yes please! And she definitely does sound unique. The five word summary was very interesting... not sure what to make of that but I am sure in time we will find out ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, well I hope you'll check it out when I'm posting it on WattPad, if you're intrigued. I'm really enjoying editing this story, which I wrote early last year... or even the year before. Being back in the world is so nice, and to have a goal- a visible goal- is incredible.

      Delete
  4. Oooh, this is so fun! I love getting to know characters more, and this serves as a great teaser for your writing, which I am definitely looking forward to. I'm following-can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm excited to hear that (awesome feedback!) and THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'm unbelievably thrilled you're already signed up to follow. Thank you so much! xx

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a very dynamic character, excited to get to know her!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emma! I hope you'll stick around to get to know her more deeply. xx

      Delete
  6. Oooh, Allison sounds like a cool gal! But wait, is this Wattpad thingy open for everyone? I'm itching to join >_<

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faye! I certainly hope she ends up being just how I envisioned her, when she's bought to WP- although at this stage, the editing is getting a little tricky. It's all thickened up. Yup! WattPad's open to anyone, you just have to make an account (free), to be able to read or post anything. JOIN. JOIN. JOIN.

      Delete
  7. How dare you do this, Romi!?! I AM SOOO CURIOUS to know more about your project! Gahh, I'm now thinking about getting a Wattpad account so I can follow you and read your story on December! Hmm, I'll think about it. . .anyway, great post and great character portrait! Allison totally sounds like a character I'd enjoy!

    *fangirls because everything sounds good*

    ~L. @ Reading Against Time ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! That makes me terribly happy, Lili! I hope you DO get a WattPad account, because I'd love for you to read the story of Allison when I start posting it. Hopefully I'll win you over with my weekly feature in time! Thank you so much. I really hope you get to meet Allison one day. xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x