Sunday, October 25, 2015

Perceivable Intensities (3)

This week in Perceivable Intensities, I'm sharing some snippets* from the area I'm at right now. I've only got about... 50 pages left to edit/rewrite/decimate (goodbye, 15k), and I'm hoping I'll be able to finish that and reread the whole thing before NaNo starts? Which... may not happen. BUT I STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE. And I actually still have very little idea what I'm going to be doing for NaNo, even though it begins this time next week. But hey! Maybe I'm always this unprepared.
So, these are some snippets that give Ashes, Ashes (which I've officially renamed. Perceivable Intensities, which is a shortening of the original name, didn't fit so well, and... let's just say there's a lot of ash in this book) the exact feel I want for it.
As always, you can follow me on WattPad and gear up for more of this!
*I say snippets, but really- they're words. Put together. With other words. Tending to be rather short. They should really be called "snips," only that sounds... awkward.



I fear we shall always have a bond after this night.

They had both known how far they’d go, what barriers they would cross and crush underfoot. 
They would both go farther.

The sun and the atmosphere are both warm, jovial, but the wind, light as it seems, holds ice, and it settles over her more easily than any of the warmth.

She’s relieved for the silence, letting it carry them along and not once trying to fight it, but it doesn’t last long. After about ten minutes he pulls over, the road all around them deserted and, when he rolls down his window, silent. But not peaceful. Never peaceful.
He rests his forearms on the wheel and a small smile plucks at the corner of his mouth.
‘What?’ Allison asks, watching him not look at her, her own smile beginning to form despite the foreboding the situation is making her feel. ‘What are you thinking about?’

‘What?’
‘Nothing.’ There’s a pause and she comes close to ripping his insufferable face off of it’s insufferable neck. ‘I’m just watching, darling.’
‘You’re smirking.’
‘This? This is not a smirk.’
‘Don’t expect me to ask, then, because you know I-’
‘Worry not. I’m well aware you’re far too grand for the rest of us.'


*whispers* How do you end a post after sharing work you're incredibly excited/proud about/of? WITH SPARKLES! BAM! IMAGINARY SPARKLES FOR YOU ALL.

18 comments:

  1. Some really beautiful quotes here Romi, you are doing so amazingly! Your writing is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aahh, Jeann? My goodness, you don't know how incredibly important your words are to me. That means SO much. Thank you. xx

      Delete
  2. *DROWNS IN SPARKLES*

    WHY DOES ALL THIS SOUND SO GOOD?

    BRB, CRYING!

    ~L. @ Reading Against Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHHH! Thank you, Lili! You're awesome! Aah, that's a huge, huge compliment. xx

      Delete
  3. Great post dear! Have a wonderful weekend:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I legitimately love these snippets and can already tell this will be something I will enjoy immensely. Your writing style is really great, Romi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, Alise! That's so, so nice of you. Thank you! I'm really, really thrilled you commented and said that. xx

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to see the finish product, Romi! You know we'll be behind you 100% :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! That means a heck of a lot. xx

      Delete
  6. This already reads amazingly Romi! Love getting a glimpse of Ashes, Ashes! I adore the sound of the snark in the last couple quotes. :) Just one more week til Nano, but I think you are so ready for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw, thank you so much, Charlene. It's exciting to be sharing it, even though my posts aren't coming out *quite* on time. Ah well.
      I'm actually pulling out of NaNo this year. I'm focusing on Ashes editing and my other work, this time. Maybe next year!

      Delete
  7. B E A U T I F U L

    And so different from you know what! But that's super awesome :D

    These quotes were quite lovely, and I really do wish to read more of this book! I followed you on Wattpad AGES ago, so I look forward to devouring Ashes, Ashes when it goes up there *cheers*

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAH. Thank you so much, lovely.

      Also: Awesome! I'm really happy to hear the voice is different. *fistpump* Yesss!

      Yay! I'm so, so excited. More work on it this week. It's only 4 more weeks to go now! xx

      Delete
  8. Loving the new title! I like the repetitiveness of it as well. Ooh, and now that I have read these snippets and lines I really do want to read it myself. Did I mention that I really want to read this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Perceivable Intensities was actually a shortening of a much longer title, and whilst I do still feel really attached to that... Ashes works better, for this tale.
      I'm really happy to hear that! xx

      Delete
  9. You are really really really good. Seriously. I love the way it flows and how poetic it is. Can I steal your writing abilities for myself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHH! Val, that means so much. I'm incredibly touched that you said that. And thrilled. Aah! Thank you! Although I'm not gonna give up my style without a fight! xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x