Sunday, November 29, 2015

Perceivable Intensities (8) See you next year. But not.

It's here. Well... tomorrow it'll be here. But today is my last day blogging until February. My last bout of commenting and reading of others' blog posts. My last post! I have put up a list of my intended reads over the last couple years, but I'm reserving that for Instagram. Possibly I am always too much of a high achiever, but two months *is* an awful long time.

Thank you, everyone, for voting last week! I am now dedicated towards using each name at some point, but the winner was Fintan (with Finn used as the occasional shortening) and that is the name you'll find in Ashes, Ashes when he appears.
In other news? I've, ahh, just posted the Prologue. You can read it and everything, in it's 500+ wordiness. This is the beginning of a process that has already carried me many weeks, at least eight of which I have shared here, with you- and your support has helped me keep going, helped me love this story more than I ever did. I can't thank you enough for all your support and love. Because of you, I added a dinosaur scene, I got a new character name that I love, and I have the strength and joy to be able to announce I'm sharing my work in this incredible online space, and will be for the next thirteen weeks (a chapter a week, you know). I can't really believe it, and I can't thank each of you who have commented and supported me enough.

And now... this is goodbye, for two months. Of course, you can read Ashes, Ashes as I post it on WattPad (you do have to make an account to be able to read my/anyone else's work there, though, so take note), and see how many books I'm planning to read over on my Instagram, but otherwise? Have a gorgeous Summer/Winter, many seasonal hugs and I'll see you in 2016.
Romi.xx

22 comments:

  1. Wishing you much love, happy reads and luck during the hiatus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Glaiza! I can't wait to skype next and see what you've been up to. xx

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOD THE TIME HAS COME! I'm so sad to see you go for such a long time, but anyway, I hope you enjoy your hiatus and get the best out of it! Remember, I'll now try to annoy you around wattpad, so haha, don't think you'll be safe from me, hun! Also, just opened the Prologue to Ashes Ashes and I'm so excited to start reading it!

    Merry (early) Christmas & happy (early) new year! See you in 2016, take lots of care! ♥

    ~L. @ Reading Against Time ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time has come and the time is now practically over. Thank you! I had one of the most wonderful hiatuses ever and it's a struggle to be online at all, even though I'm not officially back to blogging.
      Thank you so much for your support! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm going to miss you, Romi! Good luck, luv!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy! I hope you didn't miss me TOO much, though! *laughs* xx

      Delete
  4. You probably won't get this until February since I am a day late, but I just wanted to say happy blogaversary. I totally missed it, sorry. 5 years is so impressive. Congratulations. And wow, you have a story on wattpad, that is so cool. I have been meaning to join wattpad but have been really lazy about it. Have fun on your hiatus, look forward to reading more of your blog when you return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rochelle! That's so kind of you, and don't worry about missing it. You still wished me congratulations and that counts all the way. Five years is inconceivable to me, but I'm so proud of myself, too.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Ah, I forgot it's time for your break! Well I look forward to your return, and I did see that Ashes Ashes has an update - I hope to get to read it soon (Christmas break will be so useful for catching up on my reading!) Have a great holiday Romi! See you in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I can't believe it's over ALREADY. *cries* I'm definitely a fan of the offline time. Thank you so much, Charlene. I hope you had an excellent couple of months, too.xx

      Delete
  6. Have a great Christmas and break and all that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Romiiiiiiii I can't believe it's time for you to leave already! I will reading Ashes, Ashes as soon as my semester ends, I know it's going to be great! We'll miss you, see you next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I can't believe it's already time for me to be back! But I am kinda excited to see what's been happening whilst I've been gone. It feels like it's been such a long time since I chatted around the blogsphere. Thank you so much. Alise, that means heaps to me. xx

      Delete
  8. I've already read and 'voted' (I don't really understand why it's not like or kudos or favourite or something but OKAY, WATTPAD) your prologue and EEP I cannot wait to read more :D Allison sounds incredibly awesome and sassy already, and it's only 500 words (or so) in.

    Ah, so my name will be used somewhat - yay! GO, FINN. TAKE THE WORLD.

    And also, dinosaur scene. YES. I AM A BAD INFLUENCE, OBVIOUSLY ;D

    Goodbyeeee, lovely. I know we'll be emailing anyway but I will super duper miss you in the blogosphere while you're not around *crying* <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU LOVELY. It would be fabulous if it was unicorn stars or hearts or farts or something. Voting is kinda boring. IT MUST BE CHANGED. Allison is kinda Sassy, but not as Sassy-Pants as some other people you know (one of them being me).

      HE WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING WITH HIS AWESOME.

      An excellent, glorious influence, more like.

      XXXX *Sobs even though I'm back* SOBS.

      Delete
  9. Oh, have a nice hiatus! We'll certainly miss you though. I'll certainly check out your prologue on Wattpad sometime. Fintan sounds like a FANTABULOUS name. SEE YOU IN 2016!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw, thank you, Alyssa, that's so nice of you. Fintan is such a glorious name. Aah. Reading that makes me really happy it got voted top. xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x