Sunday, February 28, 2016

Um...?


It's so very strange, opening blogger again. I haven't seen this screen since the end of November and the time I've spent away has gone as quickly as it always seems to.

And I'm not ready to come back.

I have spent nearly three months away, although only around two and a quarter of which were offline (I've been on instagram and my library website for a couple weeks now! Surprise!), and it was as glorious, too, as it always seems to be. If different.

I didn't have an accident this summer! No hospital trips or stitches necessary, although I did mark the day of epic pain '14 with rememberance. I read many marvellous, wonderful books and I wrote many, many short stories, and I was impassioned, thoughtful, and inspired.

I started posting Ashes, Ashes to WattPad.

I celebrated my puppy endlessly and she... is possibly more devoted to my company than ever?

I started writing a new novel. I went walking to work out a plot issue and smoothed things out. I felt like a writer, with each of these things. I feel like a writer, with everything else.

So often now I feel like I am my true self. And I don't go three weeks and then see, retrospectively, that it's wasn't true. I go three weeks and it's truer than ever.

And I'm still not ready to come back.

I've done some more preliminary edits/critique reviews on one of my novels, started a mass overhaul of another (which is emotional in all the ways- my first novel that was longer than 7K! MY BABIEST OF BABIES) and have been happy. Not always happy, but mostly happy.

I'm still not quite ready to come back, but almost. I think things are going to be quieter for me here, this year, and maybe every year after, which I was already feeling last year. I've wondered if I want to continue at all, and have decided- mostly- that I do. Blogging is important to me. The community and relationships within it, they are important to me. They will continue to be. Even if I'm less of a reviewer than I've ever been before.

I'll be back. Soonish. Probably much sooner than I expect. But for now: Hi.

12 comments:

  1. A billion years later, you come back to life and say that you're coming back. . .but not yet. . .I'LL BE WAITING ANYWAYS! And I need to continue reading Ashes Ashes, I deleted the wattpad app from my phone and haven't logged in in a lonnnnng time. I might not even remember my password, but I'll still work it for your story! Also, it's glad to see that you've enjoyed your time "off/away" and I'm really happy that you're feeling more. . .idk, yourself? Free? Relaxed? Something like that, dunno the exact word right now, but something like that. ANYWAY, I just came to say hello! *disappears*

    ~L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Lili, your passion makes me WANT to come back, and I will- only not quite. SOON, though. Probably. And that means so much to me! Both your passion here and over on WP. Thank you!
      Yes, so am I. It's a feeling that I'm not losing touch of, which makes me so happy. xx

      Delete
  2. It's nice to see you, regardless. Stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy! I'll be doing the commenting rounds soon enough!

      Delete
  3. Just take your time! I'm pretty sure no one wants you to start up blogging right away if it just feels like a chore for you. But it's still good to know that you plan on returning soonish :) Thanks for the update and I'm glad your writing has been going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely am! And it's really lovely, which makes me wonder exactly how I will be blogging this year, although I imagine I will. Probably. *laughs* I still feel unsure about all of it. Maybe I just need a year off or something.
      So am I! It's been pretty splendid. x

      Delete
  4. Hello!! I don't blog as much as I used to but it feels fine. In fact, I am happier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so fantastic to hear, Angela! I'm really happy you're happy! That is the best. xx

      Delete
  5. Welcome baaaaaaack! And congratulations on all the writerly pursuits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alyssa! Double thank yous for double kindness. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've been up to! x

      Delete
  6. What the ever loving hell? HOW DID I ACTUALLY NEVER SEE THIS? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU POSTED THIS?

    Many, many short stories with your short story companion. Which we can actually come back to now that I FINALLY wrote that story. You know, that amazing one ;D

    I saw that you have TWO new posts after this, so I think you're back, and posting frequently-ish. *GLOMPS* <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, so I may have a new favourite term? I will use that on you frequently from now on, methinks. I DON'T KNOW. MY POSTS NEVER SHOW UP FOR YOU. AND I DON'T GO AROUND SAYING "OOH LOOK I POSTED THIS GET ONTO READING IT" DO I. I could, but... I haven't yet.

      So many. And many more to come, I'm sure! (In fact, I still have to finish (read: write) one for today.xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x